Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Bad Tire Pressure Monitor System (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52454)

DkknightX 11-16-2009 08:44 PM

Bad Tire Pressure Monitor System

3 Attachment(s)
I was informed by On-Star to fill my tires with air because they were too low. I finally did get around to it tonight and carefully tried to fill them. I was filling them up and removing air as necessary very carefully. My car started beeping after I serviced each tire. Then I started my car up and gave me these messages. I took pictures of the DAC with my cell phone but ultimately I cannot get PSI readings on any tire anymore. I purchased a digital monitor as well tonight to make sure that dispite the system malfunctioning, I could ensure I have the right tire pressure. On-Star was useless, but I'm wondering instead of bringing my car in for service, is there any way of resetting the tire monitoring system back to default again? I saw something on the DAC about relearning but it didn't do anything. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

navmaxlp 11-16-2009 11:47 PM

Might want to pick up an OBD II scanner or borrow one and take a look at it, You may be able to reset the sensor. I highly doubt all the sensors went bad at the same time. The reset may clear things up. If it's more than that, it may be covered under waranty.

chevyss 11-16-2009 11:54 PM

DIC has a program to re-learn for the sensors?? I thought I read something about it.

HashimAzzouz 11-16-2009 11:56 PM

I think you have to take it to the dealer and let them solve it themselves! I did not order my Camaro yet! but I have a Chevrolet Traverse LT and everytime I check the tire pressure monitor it reads different all the time!! I think there is something wrong with their monitors/sensors in these new cars, not just the Camaro!!

latinoslife 11-16-2009 11:57 PM

mines did that i took it to dealer they said i needed some sort of update that was a week ago no problems but lets c how it goes when i get my tires replaced

shockandawe 11-17-2009 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by latinoslife (Post 1182175)
mines did that i took it to dealer they said i needed some sort of update that was a week ago no problems but lets c how it goes when i get my tires replaced

No,no if the sensors are bad, you need to replace them, not the tires!

brAnd7onX 11-17-2009 01:32 AM

In most cars with the tire pressure monitoring system the reset button is in the glove box. Is there one??

DkknightX 11-17-2009 02:06 AM

Good thinking! I'll have to check. Let you guys know. It was weird, as I was filling each tire, the horn would sound I guess to let me know whether the tires had too much or too little air. If I can't find it, I'll have to call my dealer. Going to suck wasting time resetting these tire pressure sensors. The wheels themselves are at the correct pressure. That handheld electronic tire pressure reader is awesome. No guessing. Reads in increments of .5 PSI Pretty accurate if you ask me.

Mzodarg 11-17-2009 03:06 AM

I had issues with mine until I http://i421.photobucket.com/albums/p...arg/emrtfb.gif

Just saying,
Mike

DkknightX 11-17-2009 03:18 AM

But did you actually get that message about "Service Tire Pressure Monitor System?"

Mzodarg 11-17-2009 03:20 AM

If I recall correctly, I did get that message (my memory ain't for sh!t these days). Then I read the book and all was well.

Mike

BruceJames 11-17-2009 03:23 AM

READ the MANUAL! It tells you how to reset the stuff.. The beeping is indicating a reset..
You have to go to the DIC.. set it to reprogram the Pressure Monitor..then add or subtract air in EACH tire starting with the front drivers side..and then front passenger.. rear passenger then rear driver side tires till the horn beeps for EACH tire.. READ UP ...It's in there

Lumina SS 11-17-2009 03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HashimAzzouz (Post 1182171)
I think you have to take it to the dealer and let them solve it themselves! I did not order my Camaro yet! but I have a Chevrolet Traverse LT and everytime I check the tire pressure monitor it reads different all the time!! I think there is something wrong with their monitors/sensors in these new cars, not just the Camaro!!

the monitor change every time because when the tire is cold the pressure became low but when you drive the car and the tire move the tire become hot and the pressure become high that why it's keep changing every time.

Lumina SS 11-17-2009 03:42 AM

i did get it in my corvette because one of my rim is not good because i hit something in the road sometimes it read the tire is flat but sometimes it's read it fine