Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Sports Lounge (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Sam Bradford......GTAHVIT....... and PQ....... (wager) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108970)

PQ 10-04-2010 12:40 AM

Sam Bradford......GTAHVIT....... and PQ....... (wager)

Ok.

So GTA is a Peyton Manning guy, and I'm a Tom Brady guy.

We've had a NUMBER of LENGTHY debates on the two......

(oh, and Chris, the last time we debated it, we ended with Manning makes better commercials, I think THAT's a pro Brady, thing)

But I digress.......

Our NEW 'Big One' is Sam Bradford.........

I say he is the most 'Promising' thing to enter the league SINCE Manning.

GTAHVIT says he doesn't see it.

My argument is NOT that he WILL be a HOFer or Pro Bowler for sure, but is the 'closest thing' to a sure thing from a Rookie in over a decade.

SO.................................

I made a bet with GTA..... Drinks at the next fest...... ALL weekend....

The bet............

wait for it............

NFL Rookie of the Year

That's right.... I say he will be.

It's a bet in GTAs favor I get that. But I believe Rothlisbooger was the last ROTY to be a QB. NOT often a QB gets that honor.

I say Bradford gets it.

I drink MUCH more than he does. But the bet favors him, so I think it's a good bet.

What say you guys? :popcorn:

Mindz 10-04-2010 01:04 AM

Sam Bradford, Jahvid Best, Ryan Matthews, C.J. Spiller, Golden Tate, Who else would possibly be eligible?

PQ 10-04-2010 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mindz (Post 2400378)
Sam Bradford, Jahvid Best, Ryan Matthews, C.J. Spiller, Golden Tate, Who else would possibly be eligible?

See, I looked at it that way too. Lots of 'Non-ROTY' positions went in the early rounds. Or no players stepping into premeire rolls.

BUT, it's HARD for a QB to beat a RB for ROTY.

MUCH harder. And if it were given right now, it might be given to JB. But Bradford still has yet to get rolling and he's ALREADY doing VERY well.

THe Rams have already won as many games this year as they did in either of the passed two years. And Bradford looks confident. As the game slows down more for him, he'll get rolling even more.

He's already in the middle of the pack in terms of production from the possition IN THE NFL........... And he's a rookie.

I say he has a good shot at beating out a RB.

Mindz 10-04-2010 02:43 AM

I'd say he has a shot, but I was asking for who else is a rookie that would be a good prospect besides who I listed?

Matthews is hurt, but coming back.
Best is the same.
C.J. Spiller has yet to produce heavy numbers, but that's partly because of his team. BURN!
Golden Tate is a #3 WR.

I'm thinking it'll be Best, Matthews or Bradford because I don't know who else is a rookie.

2010SSRSM6 10-04-2010 06:05 AM

Bradford has already doubled the Ram's win total of last year. :D

mlee 10-04-2010 06:21 AM

Montario Hardesty and Dez Bryant will finish ahead of Bradford..

CamaroSkooter 10-04-2010 06:53 AM

ooo, Dez Bryant could mess that up for you. Tebow is also a rookie, but I highly doubt he will get the kind of playing time to mean anything significant. Plus, he sucks :laugh:

Sounds like a good bet for GTAHVIT. Plus, anytime I can see a sooner lose at something, it makes me happy :D

Jekyll-N-Hyde 10-04-2010 11:47 AM

As Sam is going to be a Good QB ( if he can keep a line blocking for him )I think its to early to say " ROOKIE OF THE YEAR "
With guys like Dez bryant and etc its way to early to tell.

Good luck to them all

PQ 10-04-2010 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mindz (Post 2400456)
I'd say he has a shot, but I was asking for who else is a rookie that would be a good prospect besides who I listed?

Matthews is hurt, but coming back.
Best is the same.
C.J. Spiller has yet to produce heavy numbers, but that's partly because of his team. BURN!
Golden Tate is a #3 WR.

I'm thinking it'll be Best, Matthews or Bradford because I don't know who else is a rookie.

Yeah. Like was also said, there are a few who could make an impact but Dez Bryant and Jahvid Best are they two who I"m worried about.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlee (Post 2400558)
Montario Hardesty and Dez Bryant will finish ahead of Bradford..

Maybe.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter (Post 2400596)
Sounds like a good bet for GTAHVIT. Plus, anytime I can see a sooner lose at something, it makes me happy :D

:rolleyes: I know, I know............

You see I am taking it easy on you guys over the OU game. :cool:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jekyll-N-Hyde (Post 2401401)
As Sam is going to be a Good QB ( if he can keep a line blocking for him )I think its to early to say " ROOKIE OF THE YEAR "
With guys like Dez bryant and etc its way to early to tell.

Good luck to them all

NO doubt too early, which makes the bet fun.

But having Sunday Ticket, I've watched the Rams games in full. Seen EVERY snap. (I got two games a week I watch in full now. Bills and Rams. lol)

I see Bradford stepping in and ALREADY looking better than a third of the leagues starting QBs and AS GOOD as another 5 or 6. IMO, if he keeps learning at this rate, he'll be a top 15 QB by the end of this year. AS A ROOKIE. Going into next year, I"m betting he'll be a top 15 fantasy pick too.

He's already in the top 15 Fantasty scorers at QB after this week. He was at number 17 last week.

1. Bradford seems to see the game slow down for him pretty quicker than most QBs coming in.
2. He has no prima Donna PITA Veteran recievers and other players to knock his leasdership down, and the ONLY premeir offensive player they have, (Steven Jackson) is totaly on board with Bradford.

So Bradford has control of the offense.

3. The Rams are letting him play. He's throwing 50 times a game. He's bound to learn fast and has the mental and physical skills to do so. They are showing him that they have every confidence in him.

GTAHVIT 10-04-2010 12:18 PM

O

M

G

Randy, I'm so tempted to ban you.... :laugh:

:facepalm:

Randy roped me into this conversation friday night for over an hour....

Randy :wub: Bradford. you should hear him talk about him like he's the next Marino, Elway and Jim Kelley.....

Kinda scary.... to hear Randy gush about it..... :laugh:

I think Bradford is and will be good.... but ROTY.... Not seeing it... :wave:

CamaroSkooter 10-04-2010 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 2401502)
Randy :wub: Bradford

LOL, quote of the week :laugh:

speedster 10-04-2010 01:07 PM

ROTY is a tall order to fill...

It will be interesting to see how this PLAYS out. :)

Huggerorange73 10-04-2010 01:13 PM

GTAHVIT is going to enjoy alot of free drinks :drinking:

mrray13 10-04-2010 01:16 PM

I don't know, if the Rams keep winning, Bradford has a shot. It's been mentioned, but 4 weeks in is way too early.

Here's one site that's betting Jahvid Best is getting it.

2010 NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year Odds
902 Arrelious Benn +1500
903 Ben Tate +600
904 Brandon LaFell +2200
907 CJ Spiller +800
909 Dexter McCluster +1000
910 Dez Bryant +500
912 Emmanuel Sanders +1500
914 Golden Tate +1200
915 Jahvid Best +650
916 Jermaine Gresham +1500
917 Jimmy Clausen +1000
918 Jordan Shipley +2000
919 Montario Hardesty +1500
920 Rob Gronkowski +1500
922 Ryan Mathews +500
923 Sam Bradford +800
925 Tim Tebow +2000
926 Toby Gerhart +1500
928 Field +800

Another list, giving odds that Ryan Matthews or Dez Bryant are the best bets.

If the Rams can go 500 or better, I think Bradford has a shot, especially if the other top rookie teams go worse.