Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Question for those with a sunroof (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103946)

rudack 09-03-2010 09:44 AM

Question for those with a sunroof

Quick question for those with a sunroof, when you shut your door does your sunroof appear to pop out a little from the roof due to the air pressure in the car? I noticed this the other day, I closed my door and I watched the sunroof pop up from the roof a little. Has anyone noticed this? Is it normal?

aldaron327 09-03-2010 09:45 AM

I've never noticed it.

ninety6 09-03-2010 10:02 AM

i feel like when mine is closed... its not flush with the roof -- but i've never checked to see if it is until i shut the doors...

Caspers2SSRS 09-03-2010 10:06 AM

Hmmmmmmmmmmm, good question. Having always had the inside cover closed...........I've never noticed. I'd think that it wouldn't or couldn't ever happen with the cover closed. :iono:

CaniacFan 09-03-2010 10:11 AM

Just ran out to the garage, my sunroof doesn't move when closing the door and it is pretty flush with the roof. My door window indexed when I opened closed (which it should).

I'd schedule a visit with your service department just to get it checked out.

bluetooth-ss 09-03-2010 10:11 AM

I just checked mine after reading this and it does it also. I have also noticed my seal is turning white. Any one know whats uo with that?

VictoryMuscleCars 09-03-2010 10:24 AM

I've never noticed it, but will go check at lunch. I keep the slide closed when not driving etc.

rudack 09-03-2010 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaniacFan (Post 2292950)
Just ran out to the garage, my sunroof doesn't move when closing the door and it is pretty flush with the roof. My door window indexed when I opened closed (which it should).

I'd schedule a visit with your service department just to get it checked out.

Perfect, Thanks much!

recontango 09-03-2010 10:30 AM

I would think with the way the windows index down slightly whe the door is open and don't go back up until a split second after the door closes that there wouldn't be positive pressure upon closing the door... I haven't noticed it on mine.

kjd15 09-03-2010 10:37 AM

I haven't noticed either, but like others, my shade is always closed when I get out of the car.
I would think, though, that the windows indexing would prevent any pressure inside the car for that to happen.

My 5th 09-03-2010 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluetooth-ss (Post 2292951)
I just checked mine after reading this and it does it also. I have also noticed my seal is turning white. Any one know whats uo with that?

Wax on the rubber from waxing the paint is my guess. Try "Back to Black" trim treatment, maybe that'll help if you can't get the wax off.

Dack 09-03-2010 01:27 PM

Haha, funny this thread took root today. I took my 2ss/rs to my local service department to have my sunroof looked at because it rattles any time you close the doors with the windows up (it rattles from the air pressure). So I took it to them and told them the story and also added that it pooled water in one corner so it may be a little offset (I wasn't worried about pooled water, it wasn't much, only something I noticed when I was washing it). So what do they do? They raise the other side up so it sticks up above the level of the car, and now it rattles FAR worse than it ever had before. Now I can't close my door without it rattling (including when the shade is closed, which surprises me). :mad0260:

This fine work coming from the same dealership that told me (they also messed up my wheel by putting a inferno orange stitching one on first then I bitched so they ordered the correct one to put on and mounted it, then my car would drive straight with my wheel cocked 5 degrees to the left) that CamaroScotty's service manager is wrong in thinking they were a tooth or two off mounting the wheel (they said it is keyed so it only goes on one way) so they adjusted the toe out so it drives straight. Now it drives way differently than the first 10,000 miles on the car (not as responsive and stiff). And it's hard to get to a decent service center since the closest one is 45 minutes away and I work the same time as the service center is open. I'm just screwed... :(

MG 09-03-2010 02:09 PM

I think this is a good place to ask........my sunroof express opens but does not express close, even though the close button has a 2 stage push to it just like the open button. Anyone else noticed this? 2011 2ss.

gr8daneh 09-03-2010 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninety6 (Post 2292911)
i feel like when mine is closed... its not flush with the roof -- but i've never checked to see if it is until i shut the doors...

+1