Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro 1LE Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   1LE brakes upgrade... help needed (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=258412)

Lio Martinez 10-30-2012 12:51 PM

1LE brakes upgrade... help needed

Ok so I gave up that idea of the ZL1 and sticking to my 1LE TPW 11/12 but I wanna upgrade the brakes with a wilwood brake kit... which ofcourse fits the SS.... The only thing they asked me is if the brakes for the 1LE are the same as the 2012 SS which I know the brakes meaning rotors, lines and calipers are the same as the SS except painted red....

My concern here is did anything at all change from the SS to the 1LE that will be slightly different in brakes .... Like the spindle ? That's what they asked me at wilwood ? Anyone know anything ? By tye way Thanks for the help

tramtwo 10-30-2012 02:18 PM

Don't know... I did here that "something" was different... minor but I can't find that info now... but it looks like GM will be offing the ZL1 brakes as a conversion.

http://i805.photobucket.com/albums/y...2/DSC_4689.jpg

Lio Martinez 10-30-2012 02:34 PM

Where did u hear that they were gonna offer the Camaro ZL1 brakes SS a conversion ?

newb 10-30-2012 02:44 PM

It's on the sign in the pic. With part numbers. I wonder if they are available yet to order or at least price...

Sent from a rainbow while riding a unicorn

newb 10-30-2012 02:56 PM

Or read here

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=258441

Sent from a rainbow while riding a unicorn

nak3dsnake 10-30-2012 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lio Martinez (Post 5754635)
Ok so I gave up that idea of the ZL1 and sticking to my 1LE TPW 11/12 but I wanna upgrade the brakes with a wilwood brake kit... which ofcourse fits the SS.... The only thing they asked me is if the brakes for the 1LE are the same as the 2012 SS which I know the brakes meaning rotors, lines and calipers are the same as the SS except painted red....

My concern here is did anything at all change from the SS to the 1LE that will be slightly different in brakes .... Like the spindle ? That's what they asked me at wilwood ? Anyone know anything ? By tye way Thanks for the help

No, nothing has changed. The only difference is the calipers are red.

Lio Martinez 10-30-2012 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nak3dsnake (Post 5755119)
No, nothing has changed. The only difference is the calipers are red.

Same thing i was thinkin Thanks bro

PartsTaxi.com 10-30-2012 04:06 PM

They are selling a complete ZL1 upgrade package, but it isn't available until January 2013. It's listed in the 2013 GM Performance Parts Catalog. I have the list of part numbers included, and can price them out for you guys if you want, but I'm willing to bet will be MUCH cheaper to wait for the kit.
Thanks
Kevin
www.PartsTaxi.com

right to travel 10-30-2012 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PartsTaxi.com (Post 5755351)
They are selling a complete ZL1 upgrade package, but it isn't available until January 2013. It's listed in the 2013 GM Performance Parts Catalog. I have the list of part numbers included, and can price them out for you guys if you want, but I'm willing to bet will be MUCH cheaper to wait for the kit.
Thanks
Kevin
www.PartsTaxi.com

how do you think the price will compare to the cts v kit??? ive seen that kit as high as 1700 down to 800. Zl1 kit is more due to different rotors. Do you think the zl1 kit will drop in JAN

tramtwo 10-30-2012 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lio Martinez (Post 5754635)

This is what I was trying to remember... about the brakes being different than the SS

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...8&postcount=53

Synner 10-30-2012 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by right to travel (Post 5755399)
how do you think the price will compare to the cts v kit??? ive seen that kit as high as 1700 down to 800. Zl1 kit is more due to different rotors. Do you think the zl1 kit will drop in JAN

Please share where you found it for 800, I kind of doubt it. 1400-1900 is what I've seen but they don't include the same things.

The ZL1 kit will be a lot more, no idea why each caliper is 800. Plus it comes with OEM pads and lines which I wouldn't want anyways.

right to travel 10-30-2012 05:09 PM

not hard to find ctsv kit for less than 1000 you may have to piece it together in some cases though. google it and look in places where the "camaro tax" doesnt apply (g8 corvette soltice forums amazon) i think some one here said something about the kits being cheap last night and i though he was full of shyt so i went searching. alot of things are cheaper if you willing to do some basic searching

Synner 10-30-2012 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by right to travel (Post 5755615)
not hard to find ctsv kit for less than 1000 you may have to piece it together in some cases though. google it and look in places where the "camaro tax" doesnt apply (g8 corvette soltice forums amazon) i think some one here said something about the kits being cheap last night and i though he was full of shyt so i went searching. alot of things are cheaper if you willing to do some basic searching

I have all the part numbers and haven't found a way of getting under 1k so please share with the group.

right to travel 10-30-2012 07:51 PM

for the ctsv kit or zl1 kit