Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Suspension / Brakes / Chassis (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Need advice on where to go next on suspension. (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=345710)

Scuzz 03-04-2014 07:43 PM

Need advice on where to go next on suspension.

I've got an extra $600 from tax return to put into the car, pretty sure it needs to go towards suspension but don't know which direction to go in with the budget.

Was leaning towards lowering springs (either 1inch or 1.2inch not sure which) and something else. Any advice would be appreciated. :thanks:

2012 SS L99 Currently equipped with:

Magnaflow 16483 exhaust
SP long tube headers 1 7/8th
Magnaflow HF cats
Adm race CAI w scoop
Ls3 conversion
Gt 11 cam
Adm tune
MM ported TB
3.45 gears
Strut Tower brace
Solid Subframe Brushings
:rolling5thgen:

BMR Sales 03-04-2014 09:06 PM

I would suggest a full set of BMR Sways (SB037), and front end link kit (ELK005). And don't forget about this….

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=344278

caverman 03-04-2014 10:16 PM

Depends on what you want. In my book lowering springs would be (and was) one of the first things I would do. That'll eat up about $400 with and alignment. Don't forget to have your bushings timed.

Then look at swaybars if you like cornering or cradle bushing inserts if want your car too feel more firmly planted. You'll want both eventually. Check out Whiteline for cradle bushing inserts since Pedders is out of the picture for now.

EDIT: just noticed you have the solid bushings and from all your stuff I'm guessing all done by ADM. That will narrow it back down to sway bars or lowering springs. I suggest springs because these cars look like 4x4 stock IMO. I'm also assuming you live fairly close to ADM and we don't have much for cornering around here unless you run some Auto-X events. Again, you'll eventually want both but it's just a matter of which one first.

Scuzz 03-04-2014 11:34 PM

Thank you for the advice.

If I may ask a side question, I was wondering if you could explain to me why you offer adjustable and non adjustable trailer arms and toe rods. Why would I pick adjustable over non adjustable or visa verse?

Many thanks for your answer in advance.

urr2slo 03-05-2014 09:16 AM

Hotchkis 1 inch springs and adjustable sway bars.

Team STILLEN 03-05-2014 09:59 AM

Springs and Sway Bars!

BMR, Hotchkis and Eibach are all good choices!

PM or Call me with any questions.

Thanks

JT

Dexman1349 03-05-2014 10:43 AM

I've seen too many people regret getting springs simply because within a year or two they want more, here's the next step without getting crazy expensive:

For an extra $300 (although I'm sure if you PM'd them, you could get a camaro5 discount):
http://ohio-speed.com/p-4179-2010-20...cdk-cca10.aspx

Adjustible height, adjustible dampening. Better performance and more control over springs alone.

Multiple birds with one stone.

Link to the classifieds post:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ighlight=megan

BMR Sales 03-05-2014 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scuzz (Post 7470059)
Thank you for the advice.

If I may ask a side question, I was wondering if you could explain to me why you offer adjustable and non adjustable trailer arms and toe rods. Why would I pick adjustable over non adjustable or visa verse?

Many thanks for your answer in advance.

In many cases, lowered cars need more adjustment capability to obtain the correct toe and camber settings. The adjustable trailing arms and toe rods help to provide that capability over and above the range of the factory settings. Also, for racing applications, sometimes it is necessary to adjust those setting for that particular scenario, whether it be drag racing or autocross. Again, the adjustable trailing arms and toe rods work together to provide that capability without disturbing the factory connection settings. Ultimately, a full set of adjustable trailing arms, toe rods, and lower control arms provide all the alignment adjustment needed in just about any situation.

Scuzz 03-05-2014 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMR Sales (Post 7470909)
In many cases, lowered cars need more adjustment capability to obtain the correct toe and camber settings. The adjustable trailing arms and toe rods help to provide that capability over and above the range of the factory settings. Also, for racing applications, sometimes it is necessary to adjust those setting for that particular scenario, whether it be drag racing or autocross. Again, the adjustable trailing arms and toe rods work together to provide that capability without disturbing the factory connection settings. Ultimately, a full set of adjustable trailing arms, toe rods, and lower control arms provide all the alignment adjustment needed in just about any situation.

If I was planning only to lower the car 1 inch using lowering springs, and i didn't plan on doing constant adjustments, more like a set it and forget about it kind of mentality, would i be ok with non adjustable? or would you recommend adjustable?

BMR Sales 03-05-2014 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scuzz (Post 7471081)
If I was planning only to lower the car 1 inch using lowering springs, and i didn't plan on doing constant adjustments, more like a set it and forget about it kind of mentality, would i be ok with non adjustable? or would you recommend adjustable?

You should be okay with just a 1" drop. In all but the most unusual cases, you can obtain the correct alignment specs with the factory adjustments with the 1" drop springs.

Rob@WretchedMS 03-05-2014 02:20 PM

If you have a budget of 600, how long would it take to raise that to a $1000 budget?

Coilovers are the way to go on the camaro, when you do just the lowering springs (especially on the V6) I hear a lot of complaints about ride quality, but not so many with coilovers complain.

If i can help let me know, even if you want advice on parts i don't sell, i'll do what i can to help

Scuzz 03-05-2014 08:49 PM

I want to thank everyone for their advice. It was very helpful.

I decided to go with the following: couldn't pass up 20% off.

BMR Fabrication Driveshaft Tunnel Brace,
BMR Fabrication Springs - Red, Set of 4, 1.0" Drop,
BMR Fabrication Sub-frame Connectors,
BMR Fabrication Toe Rods,
BMR Fabrication Trailing Arms,
BMR Fabrication Rear Trailing Arm Bushing

BMR Sales 03-06-2014 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scuzz (Post 7472368)
I want to thank everyone for their advice. It was very helpful.

I decided to go with the following: couldn't pass up 20% off.

BMR Fabrication Driveshaft Tunnel Brace,
BMR Fabrication Springs - Red, Set of 4, 1.0" Drop,
BMR Fabrication Sub-frame Connectors,
BMR Fabrication Toe Rods,
BMR Fabrication Trailing Arms,
BMR Fabrication Rear Trailing Arm Bushing

Awesome list of parts!!! You won't be disappointed. For your next upgrade, I would suggest our new rear upper control arm bushings (BK039) to complete the rear suspension.

woodside783 03-06-2014 11:51 AM

I would say bushings