Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Been reading threads for weeks now! Just ordered my camaro. (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=297312)

Drew NOel 05-23-2013 12:27 PM

Been reading threads for weeks now! Just ordered my camaro.

I just ordered my 2013 Camaro SS 1LE in Ashen Grey!

When I went to the dealer he had actually told me originally that Chevy had stopped production on custom fabs on the 2013 and was gearing up for the 2014. Not liking the new front end - I told him I guess I wasn't getting one unless he could find me the 1LE ashen Grey 1ss. After searching the comps and coming up dry - called up GM and they pushed one through!

After sitting down for an hour or so telling him what I wanted:
1SS 1LE - backup cam - sunroof - Upgraded stereo and NPP. I Said I wanted the car for 41 OTD.

Ended up getting it for 42 OTD - including taxes / tags / 5 year reg / delivery / surcharge NJ / etc.

So I figure actual car cost was about 37500.

And if it comes in before July 1st - I get another 1,000 off - so I'll get the car for 36.5.

I'm stoked and I can't wait to start posting on this forum some photos of my new baby. I don't remember being this excited since I was a kid opening presents at the tree.

-Drew

2010 SSRS 05-23-2013 12:39 PM

Congrats Drew, the 1LE is a bad azz Camaro

Earthshaker6 05-23-2013 12:44 PM

CONGRATS!!!! Congrats on the new ride...and first post! Welcome to the Camaro5 Family!!!!

Apex Motorsports 05-23-2013 12:51 PM

CONGRATS!!! And...

http://apex-speed.com/images/emoticons/welcomec5.jpg

Drew NOel 05-23-2013 01:01 PM

Thanks!

I've been researching what to get for it when it comes in. I've been looking at getting some new headlights - Possibly the Anzo - with an HID upgrade since I didn't get the RS package (didn't make sense to pay for rims when I get it with the 1LE package) Waiting till after the first oil change to put int he CAI filter and scoop in. Anyone have any thoughts on the Anzos or Anything else I should be looking at for it?

-Drew

menendez1293 05-23-2013 01:05 PM

Congrats on the camaro. I love those 1LEs

ravensjeff 05-23-2013 01:10 PM

Everytime someone from NJ asks this I always say Gorilla wheel locks (Get em from Chase above) since a previous NJ poster had all of his wheels stolen (in NJ) in a guarded environment.

But without a doubt, the #1 1st thing to mod is the exhaust. Car is too dam quiet- couldn't even tell it was running. You'll get plenty of advice of what to get. I love my Borla Catback exhaust system.

Congrats on the car. Ashen Grey looks great.

Drew NOel 05-23-2013 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ravensjeff (Post 6579987)

But without a doubt, the #1 1st thing to mod is the exhaust. Car is too dam quiet- couldn't even tell it was running. You'll get plenty of advice of what to get. I love my Borla Catback exhaust system.

Congrats on the car. Ashen Grey looks great.

I ordered the NPP exhaust and I'm just hooking up a switch in the cockpit so I can turn them on and off. I'm south Jersey area more farmland than anything else - but I'll definitely look at the locks now either way! Thanks!

-Drew

Chevrolet Customer Svc 05-23-2013 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drew NOel (Post 6579774)
I just ordered my 2013 Camaro SS 1LE in Ashen Grey!

When I went to the dealer he had actually told me originally that Chevy had stopped production on custom fabs on the 2013 and was gearing up for the 2014. Not liking the new front end - I told him I guess I wasn't getting one unless he could find me the 1LE ashen Grey 1ss. After searching the comps and coming up dry - called up GM and they pushed one through!

After sitting down for an hour or so telling him what I wanted:
1SS 1LE - backup cam - sunroof - Upgraded stereo and NPP. I Said I wanted the car for 41 OTD.

Ended up getting it for 42 OTD - including taxes / tags / 5 year reg / delivery / surcharge NJ / etc.

So I figure actual car cost was about 37500.

And if it comes in before July 1st - I get another 1,000 off - so I'll get the car for 36.5.

I'm stoked and I can't wait to start posting on this forum some photos of my new baby. I don't remember being this excited since I was a kid opening presents at the tree.

-Drew

Great news Drew NOel, congratulations! It is sure to be an excellent experience for you. Be sure to post some pictures for us. If there are any questions you may have in the future, we here for you also. Have fun!

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care

LSXaddict 05-23-2013 02:17 PM

Congrats! I got mine a month ago and really wish I could have kicked that extra 3500 for the 1LE! Oh well I guess some lowering spring and sway bars will do for now...

Hurst 05-23-2013 02:19 PM

Congrats Drew! Patiently awaiting my ordered Camaro as well...

Drew NOel 05-23-2013 02:24 PM

Thanks - I put my order in on May 7th - Any idea on how long it's been taking recently?

Hurst 05-23-2013 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drew NOel (Post 6580263)
Thanks - I put my order in on May 7th - Any idea on how long it's been taking recently?

Placed my order on the 17th... Not sure. Have an Order Number yet?

Drew NOel 05-23-2013 02:52 PM

Yeah Its RBGXHD - says it's que'd for production