Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Challenger pics from NY unveil - SRT8, R/T, SE (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3268)

Bruno 03-19-2008 01:16 PM

Challenger pics from NY unveil - SRT8, R/T, SE

10 Attachment(s)
pics from jalopnik and autoblog

I like the aluminum gas cap :cry: :cry:

MCPOAJ 03-19-2008 01:23 PM

it looks sad from the front lol cause it knows it'll lose to the maro

rray200 03-19-2008 01:31 PM

Sharp looking car. I like the chrome finish rims on the R/T better than the ones on the SRT8. Curious to see what the actual 0-60/quarter mile times will be with the pistol grip.

Moose 03-19-2008 03:01 PM

Thanks for the pics.! :thumbsup:

Not a bad looking car at all. :cool: It's just my opinion, but personally, I think the aluminum gas cap distracts from the car. :iono: I never understood why people think highlighting where the fuel filler door is with an aluminum door looks good. :iono:

Dan 03-19-2008 03:47 PM

I always here the theme song to Fat Albert in my head when I see pics of that car. Until I see pics of the interior, then I fall asleep.

Camaro Lives On 03-19-2008 04:05 PM

well, i really believe i agree with Moose on this. that is a really nice looking car, for a dodge. the gas cap does kinda make the car look a little tacky tho. the concept had no gas car, and it looked better. i think this will give the camaro a run for its money, but it wont win :)

CaptianSam 03-19-2008 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camaro Lives On (Post 53757)
well, i really believe i agree with Moose on this. that is a really nice looking car, for a dodge. the gas cap does kinda make the car look a little tacky tho. the concept had no gas car, and it looked better. i think this will give the camaro a run for its money, but it wont win :)

who actually likes tacky gas caps? eww
will the 5.7 get a stick...? i know the srt8 will

TFord 03-19-2008 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MCPOAJ (Post 53665)
it looks sad from the front lol cause it knows it'll lose to the maro

it does look a little bummed out doesnt it:sm0:

storm79 03-19-2008 07:44 PM

the inside doesn't go wit the outside...and is it just me or is the inside basically the same thing as the charger

and what i mean by the inside doesn't go with the outside is that the outside is a older/newer lookin retro vehicle which is a muscle car and the inside is no different than a charger and it looks like a family sedan it doesn't say muscle...i was expecting a little more out of dodge..

but chevy created a whole new interior and they are still tweaking it and it has that retro/new muscle feel....

NOODLESgoneWILD 03-19-2008 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan (Post 53745)
I always here the theme song to Fat Albert in my head when I see pics of that car. Until I see pics of the interior, then I fall asleep.

You are so right! :laughabove: :laughabove: :laughabove: :laughabove:

The_Stache 03-19-2008 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptianSam (Post 53771)
who actually likes tacky gas caps? eww
will the 5.7 get a stick...? i know the srt8 will

Yes the R/T (5.7 hemi) will get the 6 speed option along with the 6.1 SRT8.

SilverTurtle 03-19-2008 10:52 PM

anyone else care to doubt what I said about the Challenger now? while I do believe the Camaro will be faster, dont count the SRT8/TR6060 model out as "too heavy"... one wrong shift and you'll be looking at tail lights.

I love this car and think Dodge did an incredible job on the exterior... the interior could definitely be better... but I have Kowalski fever, here, and I can completely see myself in a Stone White R/T model :D

DGthe3 03-20-2008 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverTurtle (Post 54036)
anyone else care to doubt what I said about the Challenger now? while I do believe the Camaro will be faster, dont count the SRT8/TR6060 model out as "too heavy"... one wrong shift and you'll be looking at tail lights.

i dunno, what did you say?

SilverTurtle 03-20-2008 12:38 AM

about 10 days ago, I posted that the Challenger was going to be available with the six speed manual... everyone looked at the Dodge website and called me a liar and said it was "going to be a while before that was available"... and now here we are 10 days later and the Dodge webpage is updated with the 2009 options, but not pricing (you still can't build a 2009 Challenger, but you can look at colors and some options), and everything I've said has been proved right.

I love being right because it so rarely happens since I've gotten married... lol