Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Suspension / Brakes / Chassis (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   A sneak peak at our newly designed BMR rear lower control arms! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=328935)

tooheysmax 03-03-2014 10:46 PM

What do you guys have as an adjustable option to compliment my Airlift build and with hiem joints.

acowherd 03-03-2014 11:14 PM

Dang! I thought this was going to be the newly redesigned lower control arms for the drag race kit!!

You know you guys want to release some info on this!!

Sleepy 03-04-2014 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 130R (Post 7467353)
The sway bar isn't a lever, and doesn't gain mechanical advantage by being longer, in fact, because the stiffness of a sway bar is proportional to its length, they lose stiffness, or become less efficient the longer they are.

The stiffness of a sway bar is also proportional to the 4th power of the diameter, so it's no coincidence that the FE4 rear bars have a larger diameter than the FE3 rear bars.

Sway bars do utilize lever arms at the ends, but once again, these are proportional to their length, which is why the closest hole to the bar is the stiffest setting, and the further out you go, the less efficient they are.

The FE3 bars also appear to have shorter lever arms (more efficient) than the FE4 bars.

So why do people keep posting the FE4 bars are more efficient? Is this just an assumption that bigger/longer is better? Or is there something I'm missing?

People post whatever they read on the internet (not targeted towards anyone). What you are referring to is stiffness at the end link and you are right. But you also have to consider FE3 bar mount inboard of damper/spring assembly with motion ratio about 0.4:1 and FE4 bar mount outboard of damper/spring assembly with motion ratio about 0.8:1 (my guess base on 0.7:1 damper/spring assembly motion ratio). Motion ratio has to be square to get the wheel rate so given the same strength bar, FE4 mounting point will be 4x stronger at the wheel.

Sleepy 03-04-2014 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 130R (Post 7467583)
Ahaaaa. The old increase-the-mechanical-advantage-of-the-lower-control-arm-by-moving-the-endlink-outward-trick… :)

Thanks sleepy! ;)

:thumbsup:

BMR Sales 03-07-2014 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooheysmax (Post 7467400)
What do you guys have as an adjustable option to compliment my Airlift build and with hiem joints.

Are you asking about rear suspension control arms??? We do have the TCA029 lower control arms, TR004 toe rods, and TCA033 trailing arms....all adjustable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by acowherd (Post 7467440)
Dang! I thought this was going to be the newly redesigned lower control arms for the drag race kit!!

You know you guys want to release some info on this!!

Yes, we are about to start production on the "revised" MTCA030. It will have a delrin bushing on the inner connection point instead of the spherical ball joint, this will the prevent the rotational movement of the LCA that was seen on the earlier model. However, because of this new end connection, the arm will no longer be camber adjustable. We should hopefully have some ready to ship out by late next week.

BMR Sales 03-07-2014 02:54 PM

Testing of the new motor mounts is going well. I like them, and have no intention of removing them!!! As I mentioned before, yes, you can tell a difference. At low idle and up to about 1200-1500 rpm there is an increase in engine NVH. That is to be expected, these are "race" parts with low deflection polyurethane bushings instead of the factory hydraulic/rubber mounts. Is it overly annoying or intolerable? No, not at all. But keep in mind, I'm still running the stock cam. So, once again, I believe the vibrations will be more pronounced with the "big cam" guys.....I think that's kind of obvious!!! Hopefully, we will be going into production on these within 2 weeks or so. We're very pleased with the end results on these!!!

Bo White 03-07-2014 03:16 PM

The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the meat.

BMR Sales 03-07-2014 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo White (Post 7476996)
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the meat.

Yes, exactly!!!

ClawSS 03-12-2014 02:16 PM

Bump for this was the place I meant to post, Keith. But thanks for the FE3 -> FE4+ answer on your other "sneak peak" thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClawSS

I have a 2010 and just (as in last night) received the "old" design as ordered (thanks, Apex) set up for my FE3 suspension. If I am not road racin' or auto-x'ing my car each weekend would only be corner carving on the road...is there a reason to swap?
----
I'm assuming you're talking about the TCA028 or TCA029 lower control arms, right? If you don't ever plan on switching to the FE4 Suspension, there is no reason to change them. For aggressive street driving, the FE3 is more than capable!!!

olblue75 03-17-2014 08:49 PM

Got to studying the first set of pix an i see you can run the FE3 or the FE4+ bar but if i knew im wasnt going to run the FE3 could a guy get them without the FE3 tabs???

etmx183 03-18-2014 09:04 AM

Some help please folks. I am going with Weld RT-S 17" rims on all four. I have the BMR adjustable LCAs ready to install. So my understanding is my rear sway bar WILL NOT work now? I use the car for fun, not a DD and some serious dragracing. OK, yes I said serious dragracing and it's a V6. I already have many other BMR suspension parts on the car.

BMR Sales 03-18-2014 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olblue75 (Post 7503140)
Got to studying the first set of pix an i see you can run the FE3 or the FE4+ bar but if i knew im wasnt going to run the FE3 could a guy get them without the FE3 tabs???

Unfortunately, we will only be making these as pictured with provisions for both suspensions. We can't start making custom orders for one person because every person on here will want something different!!! I hope you understand!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by etmx183 (Post 7504118)
Some help please folks. I am going with Weld RT-S 17" rims on all four. I have the BMR adjustable LCAs ready to install. So my understanding is my rear sway bar WILL NOT work now? I use the car for fun, not a DD and some serious dragracing. OK, yes I said serious dragracing and it's a V6. I already have many other BMR suspension parts on the car.

If you have a 2012 V-6, you "should" still have the FE3 sway bar set-up, where the sway bar end links mount on the inboard side of the shocks. If that's the case, you can certainly hook up your sway bar to the new LCA's. We have not been able to do a test fit yet with the FE4 suspension and 17" Welds, but I would think the end link or the sway bar itself may contact the wheel.

BMR Sales 03-18-2014 02:05 PM

Just ran across this.... FE4 with 17" Welds. Looks like it'll work with a little bit of modification!!!
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...6&postcount=64

olblue75 03-18-2014 03:14 PM

Completely understand Keith more nosey than anything else lol