Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Camaro HUD (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11907)

chewy4ce 01-17-2009 11:47 PM

Camaro HUD

Whoever wants the HUD...but cant wait till 2011 for them to say yes or no...

Check this out...

I know that some people are waiting out for the possibility of a HUD...but this one will atleast satisfy me and i wont feel cheated

http://www.digitalreviews.net/review...0-unboxed.html

OR....

http://www.nengun.com/defi/vsd-concept

TheStig 01-18-2009 12:40 AM

You clearly haven't seen the stock GM one, because those look like(and are) trash in comparison to OEM. I'l be waiting for HUD and Nav.

Xanthos 01-18-2009 01:33 AM

I'll be passing on the HUD, even if it was a factory option. Just too much money for the benefit. And not just initial price - have you seen the price difference on replacing a HUD equipped windshield vs. a non-HUD windshield?
- Xanthos

ss09 01-18-2009 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XanthosV6 (Post 252898)
I'll be passing on the HUD, even if it was a factory option. Just too much money for the benefit. And not just initial price - have you seen the price difference on replacing a HUD equipped windshield vs. a non-HUD windshield?
- Xanthos

No whats the price difference?

headpunter 01-18-2009 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XanthosV6 (Post 252898)
- Xanthos

lol sucka

windshield replacement is in my insurance policy with 0 deductable....

a6pk2go 01-18-2009 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by headpunter (Post 252923)
lol sucka

windshield replacement is in my insurance policy with 0 deductable....

Maybe but what if your insurance see how much it costs to replace one? We may be able to get by the first time but I think they put a clause in there after the replacement. Just my guess on the way the world turns on us at times. After all the BIGGEST buildings I have seen in cities are banks and insurance offices.

TaylorRyanSS 01-18-2009 03:30 AM

I don't see what the big deal is with hud... its kinda pointless, and why wouldn't you want to look at the beautiful speedometer on the camaro?

headpunter 01-18-2009 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by a6pk2go (Post 252949)
Maybe but what if your insurance see how much it costs to replace one? We may be able to get by the first time but I think they put a clause in there after the replacement. Just my guess on the way the world turns on us at times. After all the BIGGEST buildings I have seen in cities are banks and insurance offices.

doesn't matter, they are not allowed to deny the claim or raise my monthly because of of the windshield replacement

Xanthos 01-18-2009 04:16 AM

I'll be getting the lowest amount of coverage I can - probably just liability and comprehensive.

Because I'm poor.
- Xanthos

headpunter 01-18-2009 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XanthosV6 (Post 252968)
I'll be getting the lowest amount of coverage I can - probably just liability and comprehensive.

Because I'm poor.
- Xanthos

im a student its not like him rich. i have always thought its better

to have good coverage for yourself and passangers and anyone you may be found at fault for, just in case.

a6pk2go 01-18-2009 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by headpunter (Post 252960)
doesn't matter, they are not allowed to deny the claim or raise my monthly because of of the windshield replacement

Sweet then. I hope this waitig will get them to add it free for the extra month but if not it won't be that big of a deal. I probably need to be searching for a nice radar detector but one I can afford.

TheCaptain 01-18-2009 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TaylorRyan74 (Post 252950)
I don't see what the big deal is with hud... its kinda pointless, and why wouldn't you want to look at the beautiful speedometer on the camaro?

Because, when i'm doing 250+k down the road, i might not have time to look at the speedo, this way it will be displayed just below your sight line.
Not to mention, all the ladies will ask questions about it, and will think its like some super future car or something! :sm0:

CWI 01-18-2009 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XanthosV6 (Post 252968)

Because I'm poor.
- Xanthos

You must be paying cash. If you finance, ALL lending agencies require you carry full coverage, including collision.