Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   NEW PRODUCT - Manual Fan Switch! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=301323)

Kelly@PCMofNC 06-11-2013 12:55 PM

NEW PRODUCT - Manual Fan Switch!

Another exciting product from PCM of NC!

We have just released a Manual Fan Switch for those of you in need of one. We take the guesswork out for you! NO splicing, NO butt connectors! Our harness installs right in line in the factory fuse box and includes a high quality switch for you to mount anywhere inside the car.

When the switch is OFF the fans operate normally as the car would control them. When the switch is LOW the fans operate at low speed, overriding factory control. When the switch is HIGH the fans operate at high speed, overriding factory control. (Note: Ignition needs to be on to run fans when engine is not running)

This is extremely useful for those of you who go to the track and like to force cool!

http://pcmofnc.com/components/com_ac...th-500x500.jpg

We've got this listed in our Camaro 2010+ section under special products if you'd like to check it out! Thanks for reading! :headbang:

VADER SS L99 06-11-2013 01:04 PM

looks like a good poduct to use in the staging lanes.

Camarojt 06-11-2013 01:22 PM

I have been wanting to do this!! Pm me a price

SPCBA 06-11-2013 01:40 PM

want want want want want want i waaaaaannnnntttttt

does it affect the operation of the fan at all by running itself? or is it just something i can turn on with my engine off after a road course session?

i know you hit my questions a little in your op...please pm me

Synner 06-11-2013 01:42 PM

Member discount? Deployed to a craphole discount?

Synner 06-11-2013 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPCBA (Post 6657487)

does it affect the operation of the fan at all by running itself? or is it just something i can turn on with my engine off after a road course session?

I doesn't harm anything, it basically grounds thus closing the relay and causing the fans to go on by working in front of the PCM so it doesn't realize its happening. Only issue is if you leave it on too long and kill the battery but that would take a while unless you went to a super tiny battery to save weight.

Gonna add this to my 3,000cfm flexalite fans.

VR Baron 06-11-2013 02:19 PM

Had the same thing on my 98 Z28. Just becareful and not leave it on or hit it acidentally turning it on. Did that at work, left work and dead battery! :facepalm:

Synner 06-11-2013 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VR Baron (Post 6657643)
Had the same thing on my 98 Z28. Just becareful and not leave it on or hit it acidentally turning it on. Did that at work, left work and dead battery! :facepalm:

Its already been stated you'd need to leave the key in and the ignition on to have it work. Yours was wired to a hot source, this one isn't. No dead battery.

Kelly@PCMofNC 06-11-2013 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camarojt (Post 6657426)
I have been wanting to do this!! Pm me a price

They're $59.95 and ready to go on our website!

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPCBA (Post 6657487)

Nope! It's simply an override. So when you're not using it (it's in the OFF position) - the fan operates as it normally does.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Synner (Post 6657494)
Member discount? Deployed to a craphole discount?

Military? Yes! 5% off, enter 'military' when you check out!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Synner (Post 6657503)
I doesn't harm anything, it basically grounds thus closing the relay and causing the fans to go on by working in front of the PCM so it doesn't realize its happening. Only issue is if you leave it on too long and kill the battery but that would take a while unless you went to a super tiny battery to save weight.

Gonna add this to my 3,000cfm flexalite fans.

You got it! :clap2:

Inferno LSX 06-11-2013 03:37 PM

Awesome!

Inferno LSX 06-11-2013 03:38 PM

What's the website? No link?

Nutro 06-11-2013 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inferno LS3 (Post 6657984)
What's the website? No link?

http://www.pcmofnc.com/index.php/per...switch-harness

Inferno LSX 06-11-2013 04:45 PM

Thanks

VR Baron 06-11-2013 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Synner (Post 6657698)
Its already been stated you'd need to leave the key in and the ignition on to have it work. Yours was wired to a hot source, this one isn't. No dead battery.

Yeah, SLP unit