Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Modern Muscle (Va.) ported TB tested on dyno (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=279490)

R8cerX 02-26-2013 02:44 PM

Modern Muscle (Va.) ported TB tested on dyno

1 Attachment(s)
Just wanted to give out some great news. I base lined my Magnacharged 10 Camaro SS, then installed a Modern Muscle (Va.) ported throttle body. The gains speak for themselves...just check out the graph below. The throttle response is sooooo much better/quicker than with the stock throttle body.

Just so everyone knows, we did NO tuning before or after the install. We tried to keep everything the same temp wise. The car baselined a little lower than the last time it was on the dyno, which doesn't really matter as far as what the gains from the TB were. The highest number the car ever made was 595rwhp with everything optimized...perfect weather, car cooled down completely, etc, etc.

Due to time constraints, we put the car on the dyno "hot" made a pull for the base line, swapped the TB (3 minutes) and made another couple of pulls.

1989GTA 02-26-2013 04:44 PM

So, what I take from this is the more modified or better breathing the car is the more effective a ported throttle body becomes. 25hp is quite an improvement.

SUKXOST 02-26-2013 04:48 PM

:popcorn:

Supercharged SS 02-26-2013 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1989GTA (Post 6212496)
So, what I take from this is the more modified or better breathing the car is the more effective a ported throttle body becomes. 25hp is quite an improvement.

You will never see anything close to 25 rwhp on a N/A car.

Is the ported tb the same size as the stock one? Only ported?

Supercharged SS 02-26-2013 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8cerX (Post 6212016)
Just wanted to give out some great news. I base lined my Magnacharged 10 Camaro SS, then installed a Modern Muscle (Va.) ported throttle body. The gains speak for themselves...just check out the graph below. The throttle response is sooooo much better/quicker than with the stock throttle body.

Just so everyone knows, we did NO tuning before or after the install. We tried to keep everything the same temp wise. The car baselined a little lower than the last time it was on the dyno, which doesn't really matter as far as what the gains from the TB were. The highest number the car ever made was 595rwhp with everything optimized...perfect weather, car cooled down completely, etc, etc.

Due to time constraints, we put the car on the dyno "hot" made a pull for the base line, swapped the TB (3 minutes) and made another couple of pulls.

LS3 car?

How many psi?

Any other mods?

DuskSS 02-26-2013 04:54 PM

I dunno lethal swears that a ported intake and tb work very well in conjunction with other mods.

On other cars ported tbs and mafs gave good upgrades.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Supercharged SS 02-26-2013 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasonpope2003 (Post 6212555)
I dunno lethal swears that a ported intake and tb work very well in conjunction with other mods.

On other cars ported tbs and mafs gave good upgrades.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

It's debatable what gains you'll get on a n/a. Some will say none and the others will say 5-10. No more than that. A ported tb is more about throttle response. A pd blower car is different but it needs to be bigger. Just ported a tb on a pd blower car and gaining 25rwhp is suspect. I gained 25 rwhp with a 102mm tb. Much larger than a ported stocker.

VADER SS L99 02-26-2013 06:28 PM

Well any restriction you can remove in front of a positive displacement supercharger will show gains and even some boost increase. IDK about 35lbs of torque and 25RWHP though. That seems like alot for a 90mm TB.

Supercharged SS 02-26-2013 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VADER SS L99 (Post 6212964)
Well any restriction you can remove in front of a positive displacement supercharger will show gains and even some boost increase. IDK about 35lbs of torque and 25RWHP though. That seems like alot for a 90mm TB.

That's what I'm thinking........

429 02-26-2013 07:35 PM

looking at the dips on the graph, that car has some serious tune/kr issues.

litle88 02-26-2013 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VADER SS L99 (Post 6212964)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supercharged SS (Post 6212993)
That's what I'm thinking........

Quote:

Originally Posted by 429 (Post 6213239)
looking at the dips on the graph, that car has some serious tune/kr issues.

I agree to all, this is the second time they've posted a suspect dyno graph.

David Weber 02-26-2013 08:43 PM

Hi guys this is Dave Weber from Modern Muscle. The TB results are what we get back from customers and that is all. The post made of the NA dyno run also shows a fair amount of torque increase and the peak number was in line with what you would expect (10-13 peak). All I can say is NA was tested in Germany and boosted in Virginia Beach. The one in Virginia Beach was already a second design. We have been porting heads for about 30 years and throttle bodies for about 7 years. This is our first attempt at the GM line. We do try to listen to all customer input and continuously improve our product. We will keep posting as we get feedback.

Supercharged SS 02-26-2013 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by litle88 (Post 6213280)
I agree to all, this is the second time they've posted a suspect dyno graph.

Where's Bo White when you need him? Does he have a beacon or something like Batman that'll draw him to this thread?:)

BFASTNOTLAST 02-26-2013 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Weber (Post 6213567)
Hi guys this is Dave Weber from Modern Muscle. The TB results are what we get back from customers and that is all. The post made of the NA dyno run also shows a fair amount of torque increase and the peak number was in line with what you would expect (10-13 peak). All I can say is NA was tested in Germany and boosted in Virginia Beach. The one in Virginia Beach was already a second design. We have been porting heads for about 30 years and throttle bodies for about 7 years. This is our first attempt at the GM line. We do try to listen to all customer input and continuously improve our product. We will keep posting as we get feedback.

From a business perspective one would think if a company trying to break into the GM line like you said, would take it upon themselves to provide the most data and several tests (Dyno, Track) before the outrageous claims of one car. Seriously, I understand your in the business to make money but to enter the C5 forum with far fetched claims especially the NA car a month ago or so really turns people off. You have been in business and porting heads for thirty years, maybe it's just me but I would have expected more out of an introduction rather than going off what a customer claims on his own.. Facts and data speaks volumes. So on a side note all the NA guys should be able to put a 102TB on their cars and expect more than what you claim. Pretty sure the 102 doenst do much for a NA car and for sure not nearly as much on a stock car. In the end your first claim was dynoed at an "Independent shop" with a gain of 13hp and 17tq. Its a safe assumption that a 102 would make atleast 20 right? If that was the case there would be a lot more of them out there no matter how much they were. So, now that I'm done ranting and raving in the end all the camaro owners or who ever for that matter will spend their money on the go fast fix, but when it seems unrealistic the red flag goes up and they wont buy. I get it, there is an ass for every seat and some will bite for the sales claim but most will probably say :bs:
I said to much as it is, much luck in your quest. Sorry if I offended anyone, it's been one of those days.........