Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Exterior Parts & Accessories (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   **NEW PRODUCT** ACS TL1 Insert to be installed on any SS LT LS Hood ( ZL1 Replica ) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254901)

Takayss 07-05-2016 12:36 PM

You won'get anything like that for the price , i will be ordering mine soon

Tristahn 09-10-2016 12:35 AM

Magnuson under the hood

6 Attachment(s)
Mounted with a Magnuson supercharger and Rotofab CAI. Managed to retain the rain pan as well. A note regarding installation though, at the back I used a dermal to notch the back edge to be flush with the hood (see picture). If you use the template correctly you'll get this weird thing where there's either a gap at the back bottom OR you push the insert further back and it drops down flush. I didn't like either option so Joseph instructed me to trim the bottom sides back to be absolutely flush with the back edge that faces the front window. My suggestion is to do this BEFORE you paint the insert. I caught this after painting and had to be super careful not to chip my sweet new paint in this process. One last thing is in regards to drilling out the holes to bolt down the hood. You need to use a stepped drill, so as not to pull the sheet metal when the bit breaks through. Also, drill the holes larger. You will need play in the holes to get the right fitment. The piece will potentially buckle up and not sit flush or you won't get the micro-play needed to get the hood lines to match up.

A note on Joseph at ACS, this guy provides high customer service. I took a picture emailed it to him and in 30 minutes he went to his desk, added the red lines to show me exactly what to trim and emailed it back to me. I wish more vendors responded in this manner.

jussi70 09-12-2016 11:59 AM

I have rally stripes too. And just got TL1 scoop. I like that Tristhan style, but I will do that orange with matt black stripes. Orange area in middle...

Angrybird 12 02-10-2017 08:35 AM

Four full years with this mod and it still looks as good as the day I put it on. And that is four years of outside exposure to the elements 24/7. Very high quality product.

rray 02-10-2017 08:49 AM

I've watched this thread for four years now wanting the TL1 insert, reading waiting to hear how they last over time and what superchargers they interfere with. My car is a driveway daily driver exposed to the elements 24/7 so now I have enough info to pull the trigger on one. I just ordered the Gary's Customs ZL1 bumper kit 2 weeks ago, and now I have to get a painted TL1 insert to finish the project.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Hixson 02-21-2017 09:42 AM

I know it says that this install works on a 14-15 camaro SS - but I have not seen any pictures. Just want to see if anyone has done it or can reassure me before I make the $500 investment :D

ACS Composite 02-21-2017 11:41 AM

The kit is installed for the

2010-13 SS LT model
2014-15 LT model not SS

Pretty sure it can work on the SS, but the template will need to be adjusted to make it work.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hixson (Post 9570441)
I know it says that this install works on a 14-15 camaro SS - but I have not seen any pictures. Just want to see if anyone has done it or can reassure me before I make the $500 investment :D