Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Tire/air monitor issue. (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80292)

G.E. 04-28-2010 02:17 PM

Tire/air monitor issue.

My car told me that my tire needed some air, it was about 4-6 psi low. So I filled it up a little bit then hit reset/relearn on my tire psi. After a while an orange light came up and the message saying that I need to service my tire monitor system. Is there anythng I can do to fix it or do I need to just take it to a dealership?

mcotton 04-28-2010 02:31 PM

I had the same issue, followed the manual on resetting with no luck. My dealer is on my way home from work and I just go in and say fill up the tires and 5min later they have it done. The mechanic told me they have a machine they use to do the tires and that he never tried the manual way (the way you and I have to do it) :-)

So just take it in and they will reset it for you.

Mike

Reeko 04-28-2010 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G.E. (Post 1781195)
My car told me that my tire needed some air, it was about 4-6 psi low. So I filled it up a little bit then hit reset/relearn on my tire psi. After a while an orange light came up and the message saying that I need to service my tire monitor system. Is there anythng I can do to fix it or do I need to just take it to a dealership?

Why do you need to reset/relearn if you just added air?

I thought that was only the case if you replaced the sensors.

67 Convertible 04-28-2010 02:36 PM

You should not hit the reset/relearn button when adding air to the tire. The sensor will pick up the additional air after a few miles and the reading will change on the DIC. You should use the reset/relearn button when you are mounting new tires.

Now that you hit the reset/relearn button, you must reset all four tires (sensors).....you can do it yourself, the procedure is in your owners manual (too lengthy to type out here).

Wild Bill 04-28-2010 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67 Convertible (Post 1781290)
You should not hit the reset/relearn button when adding air to the tire. The sensor will pick up the additional air after a few miles and the reading will change on the DIC. You should use the reset/relearn button when you are mounting new tires.

Now that you hit the reset/relearn button, you must reset all four tires (sensors).....you can do it yourself, the procedure is in your owners manual (too lengthy to type out here).

:word:

RedJewel2SS 04-28-2010 03:45 PM

to do it without the dealer sensor... reset the monitors, starting with the driver front tire let air out until it honks, then rotate around the car clockwise and do the same to the other 3 tires.

but you do not have to reset it after just airing them up... they do take a few minutes to see the change in pressure which is too long IMO.