Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   my salesman was thinking of me this christmas (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=438)

camaro2009 12-23-2006 09:04 AM

my salesman was thinking of me this christmas

I received a call from my Chevy salesman, urging me to come by the dealership, that he had a little surprise for me.
When I arrived, he presented me with the 1/64 scale Camaro Concept in Chrome. He said it was just a little token of his appreciation for purchasing 2 vehicles from him this year. I am the #2 on his list which has grown to 12 already. I did not have the heart to tell him that I already had one. But what a nice thought that was, just goes to show, the all car salesmen are not heartless. Thanks for the stocking stuffer Greg.

And Merry Christmas to all, and to all, a good drive!:burnrubber:

OverAnxious 12-23-2006 09:23 AM

Sounds cool, those are nice cars I bought a couple myself :D

Most salesmen can be aholes, no matter how many cars/trucks you buy from them. I've seen this so many times...

Moose 12-23-2006 10:43 AM

Now that's a cool salesman! :thumbsup:

I've been bugging the salesman who sold me the SS to let me know the minute he receives any info. on the new Camaro. :D

OverAnxious 12-23-2006 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moose (Post 4075)
Now that's a cool salesman! :thumbsup:

I've been bugging the salesman who sold me the SS to let me know the minute he receives any info. on the new Camaro. :D

I'm sure you'll get it from Scott or these forums before he has any clue :smoking:

Moose 12-23-2006 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OverAnxious (Post 4076)
I'm sure you'll get it from Scott or these forums before he has any clue :smoking:

My brother has told me he's certain I know more about the 5th Gen. than they do at the dealer. :laugh:

TAG UR IT 12-23-2006 12:50 PM

First off, that is a very cool salesman. My guys keep sending me cards every year...happy birthday, Merry Christmas which is kinda cool. But giving you a chrome die cast? Yeah, that's a cool guy.

You guys are right. We do know more about the Camaro than they do now. But, there wil come a time when the dealer has the whole package..options, etc. I always wanted to be the first to have the concept, but I think I'm just going to take my time....let all these other guys go up there and spend a little extra cash. We will alll get what we want. It just takes patience and determination.

OverAnxious 12-23-2006 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TAG UR IT (Post 4079)
First off, that is a very cool salesman. My guys keep sending me cards every year...happy birthday, Merry Christmas which is kinda cool. But giving you a chrome die cast? Yeah, that's a cool guy.

You guys are right. We do know more about the Camaro than they do now. But, there wil come a time when the dealer has the whole package..options, etc. I always wanted to be the first to have the concept, but I think I'm just going to take my time....let all these other guys go up there and spend a little extra cash. We will alll get what we want. It just takes patience and determination.

I agree. Let the thick wallets drive them off the showroom first. Not to mention, the convertible may or may not be available the first year out :D

Moose 12-23-2006 03:42 PM

I'll absolutely be waiting a bit before I order my 5th Gen.!

My guess is, any 5th Gens. on dealer lots will have a dealer markup initially, just like the Mustang GT did. :rolleyes:

But, I'll want to know when my dealer has the info. so that I can stop in, go over it, and have a good idea whats available and what I'll want to order when the time comes. ;)

TAG UR IT 12-24-2006 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moose (Post 4082)
I'll absolutely be waiting a bit before I order my 5th Gen.!

My guess is, any 5th Gens. on dealer lots will have a dealer markup initially, just like the Mustang GT did. :rolleyes:

But, I'll want to know when my dealer has the info. so that I can stop in, go over it, and have a good idea whats available and what I'll want to order when the time comes. ;)

Heck yeah! Whoever finds out when the dealers will be getting the info, post it up! I know I'm going to be making a b line for the dealer and I'll get them to make me a copy of it...IT WILL BE POSTED FOR ALL TO SEE!:thumbup:

KBearZ28 02-03-2007 10:06 AM

I am a salesman at a Chevy, Pontiac, Buick Dealer in Lancaster, Pa.
I can keep you guys updated on any dealer info that I come across.
But most likely you guys will find it out as soon as we do.
BTW your salesman went the extra mile for you, he seems like a good guy.

Kevin

TAG UR IT 02-03-2007 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KBearZ28 (Post 6215)
I am a salesman at a Chevy, Pontiac, Buick Dealer in Lancaster, Pa.
I can keep you guys updated on any dealer info that I come across.
But most likely you guys will find it out as soon as we do.
BTW your salesman went the extra mile for you, he seems like a good guy.

Kevin

please let us know, kevin!