Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Low Sound Quality IPOD Input To Head Unit (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166357)

WhereIsMyDog 08-20-2011 12:07 PM

Low Sound Quality IPOD Input To Head Unit

The quality from the iPOD is low (compares to the low quality of XM).

I enjoy the text on the head unit; however the quality sucks. Can't adjust output level on iPOD when connected to the 30-pin connector.

When I have it playing thru BlueTooth quality is much better; however, I loose the head unit display (just shows iPHONE connected). Output level to the head unit is adjustable from iPOD. This is my preferred method since the music quality is way more important to me then the display.

It acts as if the input level from the iPOD is very low when connected via the 30-pin connection.

Dos anyone have any tips on increasing this level so I can enjoy the best of both worlds and have better quality and head unit display.

Thanks

I do have the BA speaker upgrade (last car rattled after new system installed and did not want that this go around so I am hoping I can get this corrected without having to take apart anything and/or new head unit which I may just have to do).

HomerBY 08-20-2011 05:12 PM

Yes, i noticed that quality is not that good too.

I've got a lame question

How do u play music thru Bluetooth?

slick rick 08-20-2011 07:13 PM

What iPod do you have?

What are your equalizer settings for XM vs USB mode?

What version of PDIM do you have?

While in USB mode, press and hold the Menu button till you see the hardware/software versions on the radio display.

WhereIsMyDog 08-21-2011 12:20 AM

Both the hardware and software version show DB for the software/hardware version.

EQ settings same for both inputs, tried adjusting bass and mid to compensate but then it overpowers the sound and makes it worse. Bass 3 Mid -2 Treble 4 is about my norm for the good inputs.

The same mp3 when burned to a cd sounds way better when played on the unit. Bluetooth second best, hardwired third.

Tried with an iPhone 4, iPOD classic (2 of the classics).

WhereIsMyDog 08-21-2011 12:30 AM

when in aux mode select the config button - one of the options is for bluetooth - pair the device and select the gomusic now from the device. This is off the top of my head, I will verify it when I go back out to the car and adjust if needed.

HomerBY 08-21-2011 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhereIsMyDog (Post 3647301)
when in aux mode select the config button - one of the options is for bluetooth - pair the device and select the gomusic now from the device. This is off the top of my head, I will verify it when I go back out to the car and adjust if needed.

Thanks! :w00t: