Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   MIRROR - Plea for help. (updated with solution) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24612)

Matt'sSS 05-28-2009 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by linkwpc (Post 527071)
How about tilting the seat back a little. What would you see?

The headliner...

:facepalm:

LDGn63 05-28-2009 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt'sSS (Post 527366)

The headliner...

:facepalm:

OK, now THAT was funny! :laugh:

i already lean back a LOT (wife says i lay down)

LDGn63 05-28-2009 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rusty73 (Post 527333)
I agree with Scott.

Scott, we'll be keeping your daughter and your family in our prayers.

I'm glad you agree with Scott... how does this help?

If you can not see something (because of the mirror) you just might run into it!

ps. I pray for Steph too!

SS4PK 05-28-2009 02:28 PM

most of the cars american cars I drive at work have the mirror right at eye level, which causes a blind spot. I never have had the problem with my Hondas and Acuras. Our Dodge truck has two swivel points on the rearview mirror so I push it up as high as it will go then swivel the mirror down. I don't know if the Camaro has one or two swivel points. I can see where you could lose a whole prius or fat lady crossing the road with what looks like a big mirror. Give me a sleak old fashion mirror anyday, I won't be paying for Onstar. But hey take the bad with the good

Matt'sSS 05-28-2009 02:35 PM

Camaro has two swivel points, but only one that allows for height adjustment (the one closest to windshield) the other would just adjust the angle of the mirror. You can see them in the picts on pg 2

camaro5 05-28-2009 02:46 PM

I'm glad you did not have an accident.

I hear what you're saying, but what possible SOLUTION can anyone offer?

There is none, short of removing the mirror, and installing a rearview camara.

Remember, this Zeta was designed for cool looks, not practicality.

That's what we wanted, and GM delivered, big time.

The G8 is the practical Zeta. Excellent visibility.

Hang in there...

:chevy:

Musclebee 05-28-2009 02:50 PM

Rear view mirror does not bother me but I'm short, will have to ask my husband when he is driving if he gets a blind spot.

FirstLSK 05-28-2009 02:52 PM

Sounds like the problem rests with Toyota making lunch box size cars like the ugly @$$ prius.

Maybe we need to petition Toyota to start making normal cars.

fad1 05-28-2009 02:54 PM

Dude, I think you need to adjust the seats so that you can see the clearly

Teleplayer 05-28-2009 03:05 PM

I have not driven one yet, but I "complained" about the visibility in another thread and almost everyone gave me a hard time about it.

The problem isn't the size of the mirror, it's the size of the windshield. Why would you want to put your seat down all the way in this car? All that will be showing through the side window will be your eyes. If anything, you would want to put the seat up as far as possible so you can see out the sides and back.

So I still think they screwed up on the visibility. I'm not trying to trash the car, just an honest opinion from someone who is not blinded by Camaro fever. And I think this fact will be borne out when more guys get their cars and the initial new car elation wears off. After all, a car is made to be driven, and to drive you need to be able to see.

MikeZ28 05-28-2009 03:13 PM

I don't understand the big blacked-out area of the windshield around the mirror mount. Why does that part need to be blacked out? Is it to keep the mirror and all the Onstar electronic guts from getting too hot?

Camarino 05-28-2009 03:16 PM

this is similar to the mustang rearview, if i can't see bcuz of the mirror, i just duck my head low real quick to glance under the mirror and i'm fine

rolnslo 05-28-2009 03:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by FirstLSK (Post 527531)
Sounds like the problem rests with Toyota making lunch box size cars like the ugly @$$ prius.

Maybe we need to petition Toyota to start making normal cars.

I think you might be on to something there. I say it is all Toyota's fault for making the Prius body shape in such a way that it disappears behind our mirrors. Seems to me that this isn't GM's issue but Toyota's. :D

Super83Z 05-28-2009 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teleplayer (Post 527567)
I have not driven one yet, but I "complained" about the visibility in another thread and almost everyone gave me a hard time about it.

The problem isn't the size of the mirror, it's the size of the windshield. Why would you want to put your seat down all the way in this car? All that will be showing through the side window will be your eyes. If anything, you would want to put the seat up as far as possible so you can see out the sides and back.

So I still think they screwed up on the visibility. I'm not trying to trash the car, just an honest opinion from someone who is not blinded by Camaro fever. And I think this fact will be borne out when more guys get their cars and the initial new car elation wears off. After all, a car is made to be driven, and to drive you need to be able to see.

No car is perfect. Every car has certain things that are pros to some, cons to some and yet not even noticeable to others. Perhaps this car isn't for you guys. Rather than complain and not understand why fans of the car stick up for the car, why not just look somewhere else?