Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   How do you wire the AAC Afterburners? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91861)

Don O 07-01-2010 12:27 AM

PM me your email address. I have installed the CCFL lights and have a detailed WORD file with pictures and install set of instructions.

Don O

Rickerbucks 07-01-2010 12:34 AM

Thanks folks. I got it done. The pdf file above helped. Thanks again

Pumpkin1LT 07-01-2010 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garcmol (Post 2046714)
Would it be different wiring since I don't have RS taillights?????

And Pumpkin, your lights still aren't right? Like Pie's picture, that's all you should see is the afterburner loop. I still don't understand how yours ended up not working when you clipped the tab on the bulb.

I don't get it either.. I wired in all the right places... They come on but aren't as noticable as piemans.. Not sure I want to try snipping prongs again on the bulbs, and have to go buy another set. I'll have one of my SATX C5 guys take a look at it.

PieManMighty 07-01-2010 05:27 PM

I did end up snipping one of the inside prongs on each bulb, and it came out good.

The burners really stand out, and when I'm driving during the day I just flip the light switch one spot to the right and off I go!

I actually like the chrome looking Bezels.... I might be one of the only people on here, but I think it goes good with my rims and my Flowmaster tail pipes, not planning on changing them....

Riverbucks.... The drivers side ones are different colored wires then the passenger.... I just went black to black, and then the positive ended up being the middle wire on the passenger, so I just went with the same on the drivers side and it worked.... Hope it worked out well for ya

PieManMighty 07-01-2010 10:29 PM

SOOOOO.... had my afterburners installed for two days and did a lot of driving around... Got to the gym and figured, "hey, let me check it out and make sure everything is still intact and looking good". So I look, and the Burner to the far left had fallen from the fixture and was hanging out inside the housing loosely... GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!
I had a feeling when installing it like "man, is this minimal 3M tape gonna be enough to hold the burners in place??" Guess what, IT WASN'T. So I just had to pop out the light again and take off the Lens. I siliconed the Burner to the light so it shouldn't end up falling now! It was such a pain being I took so much time and effort in doing it the first time to have to take the lens off AGAIN....
So no one else has the problem I just experienced, when installing your burners reinforce them with something else other then the supplied backing tape on them, you'll thank me later.
Cheers,
-Scott

Don O 07-02-2010 10:32 PM

I installed the CCFLs and used epoxy to hold them in place. No problems so far.

Don O