Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   QUESTION TO ALL YOU CAMARO5 OWNERS !!! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103770)

leonardo 09-02-2010 07:49 AM

QUESTION TO ALL YOU CAMARO5 OWNERS !!!

ok so my question is WHY did you choose the color for your car ? was it availabily ? liking in color ? price ? what was it ? reason I ask is because I chose black because when cleaned its gorgeous to look at because its almost mirror like, but the upkeep is a pain in the ass, so im seriously and most likely considering trading in my black camaro for an inferno orange....... please share your thoughts

MSG' 09-02-2010 08:03 AM

black is amazing, and worth the upkeep

mlee 09-02-2010 08:06 AM

I originally ordered Black... but after seeing the ZR1 at the auto show in CGM.. I changed my order....

Tessa 09-02-2010 08:21 AM

I have no idea why I went with red :iono:
I honestly am not a big fan of red (least fav color - I don't hate it but...there are shades of it that are horrible)....

I originally wanted yellow - but for some insane reason read & white popped into my head and when I saw RJT I knew that was my color (ended up with silver rally's, but I love them).

Found out after I made the choice that my mom had a red/white '69. Maybe it was fate (or her old car was reinCARnated into my baby :D)

y2k king 09-02-2010 08:23 AM

i was gonna go white with black stripe and changed it to cyber grey with silver stripe.

Skyblu 09-02-2010 08:51 AM

I have a ABM, and I first saw it in person at disney world at epcot in may 2009 at the world showcase and it was awesome even inside with bad lighting! I had to have it, then secondly my brother who has past away had a blue 68 camaro and I wanted to get it in his memory because like him I loved that car. And apparenly it was a great choice because it is a limited color and everyone tells me it's absolutely amazing :)

Stovall-SS 09-02-2010 08:51 AM

My S-10 was white and loved it. Now I have a black Suberban and a Black silverado both 4x4 and the last thing in the world I want to do is take them offroad now. Loved the way the Black Silverado looked at the dealer, but the only time its that clean is soon as it gets outa the car wash. My White Camaro is always clean looking, I get home pull the cover off, dust it off and away I go.

ketel0ne 09-02-2010 09:02 AM

I started looking at Camaros in May 2009 and never saw one in person that moved me to buy until the GREEN one!

CamaroCowboy 09-02-2010 09:48 AM

I chose IOM for a few reasons.

I like Orange and Orange has always been a signature color for muscle cars. Orange is also a color (much like the Cynergy) that almost demands people to stare when you drive by.
I was originally torn between Orange and Cyber Gray. In my opinion these two colors show off all the wonderful design features of the car.
When I thaught about it I couldn't decide what color stripes to put on a CGM so i did a little photo shop work and noticed that the CGM stripes on the Orange looked amazing. Both colors are metalic and they look like they belong together.

The Reaper 09-02-2010 10:58 AM

Kinda funny...I've Never been a "Red Car Guy" in my life. This is the first red car I have ever owned. When I went looking for this car there were no SS models in my area, a dealer by Ft. Worth had 6 on the lot. I went to look and all but 2 were 1SS. Wanted 2SS and RS, they had 1 Yellow and "Reaper". Didn't want yellow, I like the color but too many out there already. The more I looked at the RJT the more I came to like it. Especially with the Silver Rallys.Now wouldn't have any other color.

Da Hose 09-02-2010 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlee (Post 2288782)
I originally ordered Black... but after seeing the ZR1 at the auto show in CGM.. I changed my order....

and then change it again to the IOM!!!!!! what's next? PINK????? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA:sm0:

chrisinlittlerock 09-02-2010 11:09 AM

It fits my personality!!! Bold as hell!!!

philthy 09-02-2010 11:11 AM

Red with black interior to match the Chevelle!

Sir Nuke 09-02-2010 11:12 AM

You hit the nail on the head Hose...I think PINK would would suite Mr Lee just right...don't ya think??

to answer the OP's ??? I have always had and liked a flashier than normal car.....thus I picked IOM.