Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   California Meets and Events (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=96)
-   -   Angelwings Tech Extreme Speed Pony Car Track Day Series (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195327)

boltvette 01-13-2012 12:22 AM

Angelwings Tech Extreme Speed Pony Car Track Day Series

Angelwings Tech is the title sponsor for an 8-event track day series for Camaros, Mustangs and Challengers. The series will take place on four tracks in SoCal and Spring Mountain Motor Resort in Nevada. All participants will get a discount on the registration fees for the events and there will be other perks.

There will be both stock and modified divisions, each with a series championship based upon each participant's five best finishes.

Join in on the fun and defend the Bowtie badge! For more info, check out the Blog at www.angelwingstech.com.

Mindz 01-13-2012 01:04 PM

Wow, this sounds like a blast!

boltvette 01-13-2012 01:35 PM

Mindz, impressive mods! It looks like your Camaro is ready for the track. You will definitely go into the modified division, but with a little seat time, I'm sure you will be competitive. If you have never done a track day, I guarantee that you'll have fun. If you have, you know just how addictive it can be!

Falundir 01-13-2012 01:52 PM

I'm picking up malicious javascript on your website. Please repost all detailed information here in this thread until you resolve the issue.

pyr0b0y 01-13-2012 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Falundir (Post 4314932)
I'm picking up malicious javascript on your website. Please repost all detailed information here in this thread until you resolve the issue.

ha got the same message....so i checked it on my work computer :D

nice to see everything is on the weekends! I'll try and make it out to at least the ones in CA.

boltvette 01-13-2012 02:12 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Falundir (Post 4314932)

Thanks for the heads-up. Our site was hacked once already. I'll have to get my IT guy on it ASAP. DAMN HACKERS!!!

I've attached the tentative schedule, division definitions and perks.

pyr0b0y 01-13-2012 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boltvette (Post 4315080)
Thanks for the heads-up. Our site was hacked once already. I'll have to get my IT guy on it ASAP. DAMN HACKERS!!!

Is there a deadline to signup for each event? I'm thinking i can make the 2/25 one for sure. :thumbsup:

boltvette 01-13-2012 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pyr0b0y (Post 4315103)
Is there a deadline to signup for each event? I'm thinking i can make the 2/25 one for sure. :thumbsup:

The registration deadline will be set by each event organizer. It's usually a couple of weeks before the event. I'm waiting to hear back from Star Car Sports, the organizer for the first event at Chuckwalla next month. I'll post the info as soon as I get it.

In most (if not all) cases, you will register directly with the organizer, but I will provide you with a discount code, so that you'll get the discount and I'll know who is going to be running the the Series event.

2010SSRSM6 01-13-2012 02:38 PM

Damn, I'd have to run modified class. I wouldn't stand a chance. Looks like it would be a blast though.

Falundir 01-13-2012 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boltvette (Post 4315080)

Awesome, thank you!

boltvette 01-13-2012 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2010SSRSM6 (Post 4315265)
Damn, I'd have to run modified class. I wouldn't stand a chance. Looks like it would be a blast though.

The division definitions are not yet final. The definitions as attached are my first shot at it, but I would like to get input from as many of you as possible as to what constitutes a "stock" Camaro. You will notice that I've listed only shock and sway bay replacements allowed under the stock division. Should I allow replacement springs (not coilovers) too? The goal is to have as level a playing field for everyone as possible. I would like to have some owners of factory stock Camaros participate, but I don't want to have to throw everyone who has put a few bucks into their car into "modified" either. I know I won't make everyone happy, but I'll do my best.

I hope everyone entering will have the attitude that they are there to have fun first. There are other "challenge" series out there, but they seem to be for guys who are very hardcore. Yes, they have fun and are good guys, but I'm looking to fill this series more with people who are a bit more relaxed, including first-timers.

Gonzo 01-16-2012 10:03 AM

From the division definition for Stock:

"Modifications to increase handling and cornering ability are limited to tires, sway bars, shock absorbers, bushings and ride height and alignment adjustments.

All other modifications, such as replacement springs, coilovers, control arms, etc. are not allowed in the stock division."

So my question is how do you adjust ride height without replacing springs or using coilovers?

What about replacement bushings? :iono:

tadams72 01-16-2012 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 4326802)
From the division definition for Stock:

"Modifications to increase handling and cornering ability are limited to tires, sway bars, shock absorbers, bushings and ride height and alignment adjustments.

All other modifications, such as replacement springs, coilovers, control arms, etc. are not allowed in the stock division."

So my question is how do you adjust ride height without replacing springs or using coilovers?

What about replacement bushings? :iono:

Cut your stock coil to lower the ride height though I can't think of anyone that would do that as cheap as lowering springs are now days.

tadams72 01-16-2012 11:10 AM

Bump for Craig!

Folks this is going to be a great time and Craig (BOLTVETTE) has been tracking for a long time so I expect it will be a first rate "fun" series. I know it is hard to look past the stock vs modified class when some folks are coming to the table with forced injection, coilovers, etc but Craig will be the first to tell you and show you that experience can be a great equalizer on the track. He routinely outruns Z06's with his stock C5. Also, like he said, this is about having fun. None of us are professional drivers so that should not be a factor.