Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Interior rear quarter panel removal? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126955)

Asian Zero 01-31-2011 08:08 PM

Interior rear quarter panel removal?

Anyone know how to take out the lower rear seat quarter panel (the panel with the armrest)? thanks

GearHeadPeter 01-31-2011 09:04 PM

First you start by unsnapping the covers, be careful, that go over the driver/passenger door sill area.

The rear bottom back seat comes out by pulling up on each side and it will come out. For the rear upper seat area just unbolt the 5 bolts, pull down on the rear seat release and take the entire assembly out.

Each rear side panel is held in place by snaps. Start at the upper part of the side panel where it meets the B pillar, and just keep unsnapping all the way around until it comes off. Repeat for the other side.

Key to all of this is to be gentle otherwise you will have broken snaps or panels.

Good luck.

Asian Zero 01-31-2011 09:33 PM

thanks, you wouldnt happen to have pics or a link to a thread that does?

cool376 01-31-2011 09:54 PM

I have two pics of mine when I had to disassemble it along with the rear c pillar garnish and upper b pillar garnish for a antenna wire replacement. Sorry there not better pictures.

cool376 01-31-2011 09:57 PM

You probably already know but don't forget to torque the seat back when you reinstall it.

2SSRS@Gen5diy 02-01-2011 08:31 AM

You do not need to unbolt the 5 bolts for the top, There is a latch at the bottom of the 2 sides it metal in color and you can move it all the way to the open point and lift only the seat.

cool376 02-01-2011 09:13 AM

I agree with the latch to remove the seat, I noticed that when I was in there but it seemed to be more trouble than it was worth. I gave up trying that method, it was easier for me to just unbolt it. Has anyone noticed the clips at the bottom of the quarter trim? Mine were not installed I found them in the body cavity behind the quarter trim just laying in there.

GearHeadPeter 02-01-2011 09:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2SSRS (Post 2790770)
You do not need to unbolt the 5 bolts for the top, There is a latch at the bottom of the 2 sides it metal in color and you can move it all the way to the open point and lift only the seat.

The latch on mine would not release on one side so I opted to take out the assembly. If you can get them both to release as 2SSRS indicated it would be easier. I have attached what another Forum member had posted on taking out the rear seat, panels, and door sill covers. Sorry just found it this morning and hope it helps. :thumbsup:

Asian Zero 02-01-2011 11:04 PM

thanks for the help i got them out. took me awhile to get the bottom out, seat belt buckles were the problem after that it was easy. took my quarters out so i could paint them. ill get pictures out once i put them back in.