Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   exhaust problems ???? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=278622)

1sikss 02-22-2013 02:50 AM

exhaust problems ????

so today i installed my magnaflow cat bak exhaust comp series and everything was good until i drove on the highway it makes like a griding noise has anyone installed this exhaust could it be my drive shaft cause the muffler is too pushed up? thanks for the help in advance

nebchevy 02-22-2013 02:53 AM

I know when i installed my AMT cat back system, i had a nosie when driving and had some performance issues.. What happened with mine was that all the pipes where not high enough and tight enough and the computer thought the engine was knocking. All i had to do was put it up on a lift and just fine tune all the exhaust pipes...

All of that was thanks to talking to TED!!!

nebchevy 02-22-2013 02:54 AM

Forgot to say that my exhaust was hitting the tunnel brace underload and thats where my noise was coming from

litle88 02-22-2013 05:40 AM

Yes check the brace that will do it.

1sikss 02-22-2013 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nebchevy (Post 6193561)
I know when i installed my AMT cat back system, i had a nosie when driving and had some performance issues.. What happened with mine was that all the pipes where not high enough and tight enough and the computer thought the engine was knocking. All i had to do was put it up on a lift and just fine tune all the exhaust pipes...

All of that was thanks to talking to TED!!!

it runs good is just that noise ima check it out today thanks

1sikss 02-22-2013 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by litle88 (Post 6193709)
Yes check the brace that will do it.

the tunnel brace is the plate that holds the muffler up right?

1sikss 02-22-2013 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nebchevy (Post 6193562)
Forgot to say that my exhaust was hitting the tunnel brace underload and thats where my noise was coming from

did you remove the tunnel brace or how did u fix it

nebchevy 02-22-2013 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1sikss (Post 6194294)
did you remove the tunnel brace or how did u fix it

The tunnel brace does hold anything up... well i shouldnt be. Its the plate that had 4 bolts under the car closer to the spot you met the cats to ur cat back system.

I put shims in mine.. aka washers till i buy my new one in a few weeks. Also i loosened everything up and used a jack to push and hold pipes up while i tightened them down again. Just make sure you have clearance on everything the pipes might touch..

Juiced1 02-22-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nebchevy (Post 6194843)
The tunnel brace does hold anything up... well i shouldnt be. Its the plate that had 4 bolts under the car closer to the spot you met the cats to ur cat back system.

I put shims in mine.. aka washers till i buy my new one in a few weeks. Also i loosened everything up and used a jack to push and hold pipes up while i tightened them down again. Just make sure you have clearance on everything the pipes might touch..

A couple of washers/spacers will do the trick. ARH and Stainless Works both came out with aftermarket braces that look trick and can house a 3" system without any issues.

1sikss 02-22-2013 12:19 PM

ok so i took off the plate and drove it and it didnt make any noise den after a couple of drives it started making a hissing sound at low speeds or high rpms.... i checked the bolts and there all tight but the muffler went down a little since it didnt have the plate u think thats why its making the hissing sound

1sikss 02-22-2013 12:23 PM

but it has no loss of power it runs good and once im up to like 50 and i cruise the noise stops

JDP Sales 02-22-2013 12:32 PM

It sounds like you need to loosen the clamps and readjust the exhaust system. You should be able to adjust it to not hit or rest on the the tunnel brace. The hissing sound is most likely a leak.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007