Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Auto Shows / Events (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Camaro at 2009 St. Louis Auto Show (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11864)

Fishbait 01-17-2009 01:43 AM

Camaro at 2009 St. Louis Auto Show

Hey guys, quick question...

I noticed that the 2010 Camaro is shown here (5th picture from the left) as being shown at the upcoming St. Louis Auto Show, subject to change of course. What are the odds that we'll be getting something other than the red fiberglass car?

I go to school a few hours away, and whether or not something besides the red fiberglass model will be there will pretty much make my decision whether to head back for the weekend or not.

TIA

zebra 01-17-2009 01:59 AM

to the best of my knowledge, there will be one there. it's listed on the show schedule anyway. if by 'red fiberglass car' you're talking about the red concept, they ain't had that one out in a while, especially since the production models have been hitting the shows.

ps - welcome to the site :wave:

josh1147 01-17-2009 07:50 AM

Folks,

I have been in contact with Scott (Fbodfather) concerning the St. Louis show. There will be a new Camaro there for us "St Louisians" to drool over and admire up close and personal.

I have no information on the color or model as I'm sure Scott will bring what is available!

If I get any new info, I will share with you. (Or maybe Scott will post here if he gets a breather)

See you at the show!

paulm85 01-17-2009 08:28 AM

Awesome....I hope that it is comparable to what I ordered and that we can sit in it :thumbup:

Sean_W 01-17-2009 09:12 AM

Here's crossing my finging for IOM :)

Did Scott say if he would actually be there too?

The Great KJ 01-17-2009 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishbait (Post 251440)
Hey guys, quick question...

I noticed that the 2010 Camaro is shown here (5th picture from the left) as being shown at the upcoming St. Louis Auto Show, subject to change of course. What are the odds that we'll be getting something other than the red fiberglass car?

I go to school a few hours away, and whether or not something besides the red fiberglass model will be there will pretty much make my decision whether to head back for the weekend or not.

TIA

Good question. I emailed the promoters of the local show in Denver coming in a few months and they said its up to Chevrolet. So far they could only confirm the Transformers Car was coming. I would personally love to see the SEMA cars. Good luck!

paulm85 01-17-2009 09:16 AM

That would be awesome if he is....maybe even talk to him a little.

The_Blur 01-17-2009 09:21 AM

I wish I could make it. I'm going to try to make the KC Auto Show, so I'd like to chat with Number 3, HeatherR, JohnnyCamaro, and fbodfather and buy some lunches for you guys if I can. ;) At the very least, I'd want to express my gratitude for your hard work on this project—from testing to development to convincing GM to make the car in the first place.

ron8879 01-17-2009 09:58 AM

good to here since i will be going to the show on the 30th!!! Im really hoping that we can sit in the car. Hope to see everyone there.

Camaroinmo 01-17-2009 10:10 AM

Man, I am definitely going. I really hope I can sit in a new Camaro. I don't care what color or which model. I only want to get an idea of how I fit in it. Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GM, let us see, feel. smell, and sit in the Camaro in St. Louis.

fishbern82 01-17-2009 10:28 AM

well hearing this helped with my decision of going to the show or not. Can't wait now.

Jimmy 01-17-2009 10:29 AM

I hope they have an SS RS Camaro at the St. Louis Auto Show.

cerberus 01-17-2009 10:45 AM

Yea, I am getting a 2SS RS also and I hope STL has one to check out. Also hopes it comes with stripes of some sort.

Fishbait 01-17-2009 11:37 AM

Cool, looks like I'll be going then, thanks for the responses guys!