Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction - V8 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Your experience w/ nitrous. (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=299252)

OHIOSS 06-01-2013 11:42 PM

Your experience w/ nitrous.

I am going to have the Zex nitrous system installed, this is an automatic system that kicks in @ wide open throttle (WOT). Does anyone have this system or one similiar that can tell me about it? I have a M6 transmission.

When you floor it and the nitrous kicks in I would think the RPM's would increase to the red line almost instantly making you have to back off of the throttle, is that how it works? It would seem like you wouldn't be able to shift fast enough to keep from red lining. What kind of feel is it when the nitrous opens? I want that "push me back in the seat" feeling where you can really feel the G's. How about sound, is there any sound difference when the nitrous opens?

If you have a purge system where did you mount the purge nozzle? If you have any advice please lay it on me.

Russ

OHIOSS 06-02-2013 04:48 AM

No comment? :noidea::noidea:

Doesn't anyone have nitrous? :noidea:

mikeyg36 06-02-2013 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OHIOSS (Post 6618142)
No comment? :noidea::noidea:

Doesn't anyone have nitrous? :noidea:

You might get more answers in the nitrous subforum.

Badbubba 06-02-2013 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyg36 (Post 6618197)
You might get more answers in the nitrous subforum.

Read the nitrous sticky under the FI section. Window switch in conjuction with wot or tps will keep you spraying at the correct rpms. Wet or dry kit? Plate or nozzle? Not sure what Zex offers. Your current mods? G's, depends on how big of a shot. Which depends on your level of traction, your ability to supply fuel and how you tune. Sound? What's your current exhaust? Through mine, it sounds more "mean".

bbbang 06-02-2013 09:25 AM

You should consider contacting Nitrous Outlet for your system they have great products and customer service.

cybergrayls3 06-02-2013 09:43 AM

i had a harris speed works kit on my 4th gen camaro..the rpms dont just shoot to redline..i was only spraying a 100 shot on a cam/bolt-on/stalled ls1..i used the 150 shot a few times but it didnt seem to pull that much harder then the 100 shot. Its not like fast and furious where you hit the nitrous and suddenly everything around you turns green and purple and gets blurry haha. I mean if your car makes around 370rwhp stock..and you spray a 100 shot..its gonna feel like a car with approx 470 rhwp. So any camaro out there with around that horsepower will feel very similar..nitrous does usually produce very good torque numbers...it also depends if your kit is a progressive hit or just on or off..this will obviously make a difference in how hard it pushes you back.

willhe64 06-02-2013 10:46 AM

Most peoples experience with nitrous:

:burnrubber: WEEEEEEEEE!

then:

KAAABOOOOOM! :evil:

:sad0147::violin::emoticon3:

62nalide 06-02-2013 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willhe64 (Post 6618756)
Most peoples experience with nitrous:

:burnrubber: WEEEEEEEEE!

then:

KAAABOOOOOM! :evil:

:sad0147::violin::emoticon3:

Lol you mean most people that doesn't have a clue what there doing. Been spraying a 4.8L with a 150 for 3yrs and still kicking been through 20 bottles ;)

drayco513 06-02-2013 12:28 PM

i run the hsw 90mm plate kit , lnc2000 timing box/s step, and nos launcher progressive box. its not gonna just go to red line instantly but it will make it a lil fast then it is now. but nothing to worry about. run a window switch cause if u miss shift or over rev. with just w.o.t. switch car cuts fuel . keep spraying nitrous and u got urs self a backfire. then just hope it blew the filter off ur intake or blew apart the intake manifold. also run br7ef plugs. + the best fuel u can find . for insurance. its not required but i would rather pay a lil for fuel and be safe then buy a engine . if ur tuning ur car for nitrrous do it by the plug check ur plugs often . start with pulling 1 degree of timing for ever 25 shot to start with and go from there.

also if u gong to buy a kit go nitrous outlet by far the best nitrous company out there. great guys. will help u any way they can .

willhe64 06-02-2013 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 62nalide (Post 6618887)
Lol you mean most people that doesn't have a clue what there doing. Been spraying a 4.8L with a 150 for 3yrs and still kicking been through 20 bottles ;)

Why is it always the nitrous cars exploding at the track? Doesn't matter how good you are with it. Fact is everything has to be perfect or it blows. Still the riskiest power adder there is period.

62nalide 06-02-2013 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willhe64 (Post 6619160)
Why is it always the nitrous cars exploding at the track? Doesn't matter how good you are with it. Fact is everything has to be perfect or it blows. Still the riskiest power adder there is period.

Riskiest? Try playing with turbos now thats a risky power adder just pray for it not to boost spike. It is all in the tune and on your setup like I said going on 3yrs with a 4.8L 150shot and drives like a champ. A wideband helps you keep an eye on things. Most people add lets say 100shot untuned and stock plugs, runs good but not recommended. If your scared to play with nitrous then just don't at all but if you understand how it works go for it heck even stock LS1s have taken a 200shot bone stock and last of course with a lil meth to steam clean your motor :)

62nalide 06-02-2013 01:18 PM

Also I'm not saying it'll last forever just know what your doing for it to last long

drayco513 06-02-2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willhe64 (Post 6619160)

thats the price tho for the best power adder. nitrous over blowers anyday. for raw power

drayco513 06-02-2013 01:56 PM

as the case with anything u mod if u cant afford to buy another engine it best not to mod at all.