Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   XM radio service (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=236022)

DangerZL1 07-08-2012 09:53 PM

XM radio service

My subscription to XM radio expires in a couple of days after 3 months of ownership of my ZL1. For 2012 models 2LT, 2SS, and ZL1s it is supposed to be for 1 year. I called Sirius and they said I needed to contact the dealer. He said they'd reimburse me for another 9 months, but I prefer to have the problem taken care of and XM make the adjustment. The subscription for one year is clearly stated on my window sticker and on the Chevrolet website. The dealer says concepts only shows 3 months. Im not the only one experiencing this problem. Hopefully one of the customer service reps will look into this.

skoal bandit 07-09-2012 08:37 AM

GM really needs to look into this.

First i called xm,then my dealer, then me again and while my dealer says he will make it right if xm doesn't, he shouldn't have to.The last xm rep I talked to admitted that I was entilted to 12 months and if they don't show up in my acct. to call 2-3 days before the 3 month trial expires.While I hope that works I'll believe it when I see it, because nothing so far gives me alot of hope that it will.

But this has already been more trouble than it should be and someone at GM needs to get to the bottom of this.

DangerZL1 07-09-2012 11:58 AM

Ironically, XM called today and offered me 6 months for $4.99 a month and I took it. It isn't worth the hassle to deal with $15. I was careful to make sure it was a one time payment of a about $32 without automatic renewal. If you don't set it up his way they will automatically bill you at the end of the term for $14.99 a month. The package I got has just music and no Howard Stern.

skoal bandit 07-09-2012 12:44 PM

The only way to bill me is by invoice,never give xm a credit card # so if nothing else i will just give my invoice to my dealer.

The thing is even though it says free trial somebody(the buyer) is paying for it.It is just buried in the price of the car somewhere,so even if they offer me a cheap deal its still paying twice for the same thing and thats :bs:

Tysen 07-09-2012 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DangerZL1 (Post 5259654)
Ironically, XM called today and offered me 6 months for $4.99 a month and I took it. It isn't worth the hassle to deal with $15. I was careful to make sure it was a one time payment of a about $32 without automatic renewal. If you don't set it up his way they will automatically bill you at the end of the term for $14.99 a month. The package I got has just music and no Howard Stern.

You didn't give them your credit card number did you? I always send them a check. Even if you say you don't want automatic renewal, they will charge you.

skoal bandit 07-09-2012 01:43 PM

A little new info at least for my car the insurance people say my vin comes up as a 2012 Camaro LS not a ZL1. I wonder if GM has messed up the vin info on some of these cars.

Is this the case with anyone else?

vin 2G1FJ1EP9C9801144

DangerZL1 07-09-2012 03:12 PM

I contacted USAA about insurance and my car came up a Camaro ZR1. I wish :D

Chevrolet Customer Svc 07-11-2012 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skoal bandit (Post 5260284)
A little new info at least for my car the insurance people say my vin comes up as a 2012 Camaro LS not a ZL1. I wonder if GM has messed up the vin info on some of these cars.

vin 2G1FJ1EP9C9801144

I have checked your VIN and per our resources, it is coming up as a 2012 ZL1. Please let us know how everything goes!

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service

skoal bandit 07-11-2012 10:35 AM

Thanks for checking that. My insurance agent seemed to think that since i would owe them more money ,they would find the problem very quickly...lol

But that still leaves the question of why some of us have such a hard time getting the 12 month free trial from xm.

I'm sure that my dealer will pay for it, if it comes to that, but others may not be so lucky .

Any insight into what may be the problem with the xm trial program?

There are also a couple of threads on this in the audio and ZL1 forum

Tysen 07-11-2012 10:39 AM

I think it's hit or miss, and it all depends on your dealer. I'm pretty sure I was only supposed to get 3 months of XM, but they gave me a year on my 2011.

Bails1968 07-18-2012 06:16 PM

I am having the same issue with the XM 12 month period...I refuse to call it a free trial...I PAID FOR IT! This is ridiculous. Exactly the same scenario as Skoal Bandit has described, except my VIN DOES come up as a 2SS!! What a mess.

skoal bandit 07-18-2012 07:07 PM

Got a call from GM today ,seemed like a random survey about my ZL1 and made sure to tell them about the xm trial troubles on 2012s,she said she would make a note on her report about it.

Maybe someone will look into it

She also wanted to know if it was alright for GM engineers to call and ask some questions.I hope they do I want to push for some GM warranty covered performance mods.

Doubt any of it will amount to anything but I can always hope

z28racer 07-18-2012 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skoal bandit (Post 5260284)

vin 2G1FJ1EP9C9801144

lol.They selling v6 models as ZL1????:sm0:

Black-Out 07-18-2012 07:17 PM

I ran into minor headaches with XM also.

About a week after I got my car (2SS), stations started "going away". After a couple days, they were all gone! I called XM, they sort of said "oops" in a very round about way.

I ended up getting a new head unit about a week later (no XM) so just let it go.

About 2 weeks later, I get ANOTHER new head unit (with xm!) so decided to bring it back up. I called XM, and they said 3 months free (hmmmm... I thought dealer said 6?). Anyhow, they activate my new tuner ID number, almost problem free.

And that part about "it varies with your dealer".... well, luckily I have a good one. I guess. I called 'em up, and never even got transferred. The receptionist just said "Oh They said 3 months? Supposed to be 6 months sounds right - what's your radio ID?".... tap tap tap .... "ok, done."

And that was it! Come to think of it, she didn't even ask my name!!
Trusting? Remembered me?! :D

Anyhow - it all turned out good for me. Hope it does for everyone else too.