Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chevy Camaro vs... (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Each Camaro against each Mustang - production (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29621)

TLSTWIN 06-27-2009 07:49 AM

Each Camaro against each Mustang - production

OK, there are ton of camaro vs mustang threads, but none of them really break down what each camaro would do against each mustang (production models). This based purely on numbers.

I started thinking about this after I saw three different Mustangs racing in front of me on my way home from work in my work VAN I wish I would have had my Camaro.

I love my camaro regardless of the results....I know I shouldn't say it here, but I like the mustang also. So I don't want this to turn into a bashing thread. I just want you camaro and mustang guys that know all the numbers to help give scenario break downs to the following and which ever ones I forgot.

Who wins the 1/4 mile, and 50mph to 120mph?

Base V6 Camaro auto/manual -- Base V6 Mustang auto/manual
Loaded V6 camaro auto/manual -- loaded V6 Mustang auto/manual
Base V8 Camaro auto/manual -- Base V8 Mustang auto/manual
Loaded V8 Camaro auto/manual -- Mustang GT
------------------------------ Mustang Cobra
------------------------------- Mustang GT 500 ( I already know this one stomps all...right?)

MontyCarlo 06-27-2009 09:00 AM

Do us a favor and remove the lines for the Cobra and GT500 before people start screaming at each other yet again about what's a fair comparison and what isn't.

ironpeddler 06-27-2009 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MontyCarlo (Post 625559)
Do us a favor and remove the lines for the Cobra and GT500 before people start screaming at each other yet again about what's a fair comparison and what isn't.

QFT

TLSTWIN 06-27-2009 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MontyCarlo (Post 625559)

Why, I stated that the GT500 was a no brainer. I also stated that this was not a bashing thread, purely a production vehicle comparison. The GT500 is faster and costs more, big deal.

I didn't know the Cobra was faster than the Camaro though. Is it really?

Lee9710 06-27-2009 09:20 AM

Definitely remove the GT500 because it is truly a superior car performance wise and I hate to say this on here but I really like that car. But as for the Cobra, I have raced a Cobra in my SS and beat it slightly. It was a street race really late at night on an open highway from a stop so I have no times, but it was close much like the SRT-8 Challenger race. I think unless there are mods on it it would be a good race. I think once the Camaro engine is broken in a little better it will pull away a little from the Cobra.

TLSTWIN 06-27-2009 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee9710 (Post 625598)
But as for the Cobra, I have raced a Cobra in my SS and beat it slightly. It was a street race really late at night on an open highway from a stop so I have no times, but it was close much like the SRT-8 Challenger race. I think unless there are mods on it it would be a good race. I think once the Camaro engine is broken in a little better it will pull away a little from the Cobra.

This is the type of response I am leaning to. I just put the GT500 on there to give the mustang guys some respect and let them know I didn't leave it off intentionally to slight them.....know what I mean....

I really do want mustang guys to post in here and state what cars are slower, faster, equal to each camaro. Just didn't want a bias thread.

Lee9710 06-27-2009 09:33 AM

Yeah I know what you mean. I think the GT500 is running like high 11's in the 1/4 vs. like 13.0 or 13.1 for the SS. I could be wrong but I have seen one do it. Not sure if it was modded or that was the stock time.

Georgie 06-27-2009 09:44 AM

did we really need another one of these... everyday a new mustang thread.

TLSTWIN 06-27-2009 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Georgie (Post 625660)
did we really need another one of these... everyday a new mustang thread.

I see you read & contribute useful information. Don't read them or post in them.

Georgie 06-27-2009 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLSTWIN (Post 625984)
I see you read & contribute useful information. Don't read them or post in them.

sorry bro; when i come on this camaro site and see 30 mustang threads i have the opinion that it makes the site look stupid. not saying you are stupid for posting this thread, just my opinion of what i see on the site lately.

Shadowsong 06-27-2009 04:15 PM

The Cobra hasn't been produced since 2004. I assume you are talking about the new mustangs, so you might want to knock the cobra off that list.

v6 -> GT -> GT500 are the only engine options, unless you opt for a saleen or something like that.

THE EVIL TW1N 06-27-2009 04:56 PM

unless your including used cars, the cobra should be gone. If your including used cars, then make sure to separate the generations of cobra's too.

That said:
GT500 > '03-'04 Cobra > 5th Gen SS > LS1 Fbody > MaCh 1's > '99/'01 Cobra > 05+ GT > '96-'98 Cobra > LT1 Fbody > '94/'95 Cobra > '99-'04 GT's > 5th Gen V6 > '96-'98 GT

JMO

Georgie 06-27-2009 05:17 PM

in terms of speed, i agree. in terms of everything (ride, handling, quality etc) i would do it like this for the cars made recently/2000s (now contributing to a thread i slammed :laugh:)

GT500>=5TH GEN SS>TERMINATOR COBRA>MACH 1>=S197 GT>=LS1 FBODY>5TH GEN V6>S197 V6

TLSTWIN 06-27-2009 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadowsong (Post 626389)
The Cobra hasn't been produced since 2004. I assume you are talking about the new mustangs, so you might want to knock the cobra off that list.

v6 -> GT -> GT500 are the only engine options, unless you opt for a saleen or something like that.

I had no idea they quit making the cobra....how come? I could have sworn one of the three cars racing was a new body style and the bumper said cobra

How much different is the Saleen?