Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   2010 Camaro Coupe Insurance Rates (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6852)

linkwpc 09-17-2008 12:39 PM

I'm hoping its not as much as the corvette... Thats why I can not buy a corvette. They want to charge me $750 a month!

lalometalik 09-17-2008 01:02 PM

i called AAA to get a rough idea on what i might be paying once i get the camaro. so i used a 2008 Ford Mustang GT as an example; since the person on the phone had to go off their 'computer' to get quotes, and undoubtedly, the Camaro wasnt in their system yet.
im 22, good driving record, single. to make a long story short, i would end up paying around $300/month for 9 months, if i went with a $2000 deductible(their max).

From what im reading on this thread, my quote sounds a little TOO high. i will have to call them back with a car that better resembles the Camaro.

any ideas on what car i should choose to call them back with????:iono:

Mr. Wyndham 09-17-2008 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by linkwpc (Post 131898)
I'm hoping its not as much as the corvette... Thats why I can not buy a corvette. They want to charge me $750 a month!

A--- MONTH!?!?!:help:

do you have billion accidents on your record, or something?

ucla1ove3 09-17-2008 01:15 PM

or how old are you linkwpc? if your like young i could see it being like that. still less though like 600 max.

13F20 09-17-2008 01:31 PM

ouch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JiXeR'z DoDgE/FoRd KiLLeR (Post 131707)
Thats a good price. But seeing how our friend here is only 20 they're gonna sky-rocket his incsurance on a sports car like a CaMaRo ya kno...

Ow damn. Depending what state he gets insurance in they will rape his pockets.

ucla1ove3 09-17-2008 01:33 PM

just about all states do it. some a little worse than others but its bad everywhere.

13F20 09-17-2008 01:43 PM

WTF.

Quote:

Originally Posted by linkwpc (Post 131898)

Holly f**k stick chief. What are you the re-incarnation of evil Caneyville and Ricky Bobby playing bumper cars and running like bats out of hell on public streets. Shit.

Dude the only thing you should drive is a tri cycle and let the rest of us know when you are coming so we can get the hell out of the way.

linkwpc 09-17-2008 02:23 PM

I'm 27 and had one accident... yeah $700 a month.... I really do not know why. but that was I got when I looked it up.... Maybe its the area, los angeles rates suck!

lalometalik 09-17-2008 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by linkwpc (Post 131966)
I'm 27 and had one accident... yeah $700 a month.... I really do not know why. but that was I got when I looked it up.... Maybe its the area, los angeles rates suck!

damn these bad neighborhoods! :mad0260:

rlg3 09-17-2008 02:59 PM

I am insured with Country Companies, which is mainly Midwest based,and my agent says that their rates are low because the don't insure in the gulf states or California most in just in the midwest. So huge events like hurricanes and earth quakes and the cost that goes with them does not have to be passed on to their customers.

The one bit of advice I would give is to have multi-policies and lines with an insurance company is a sure way to get big discounts, I have cars, house and life with the same company and I get huge discounts for having multi-policies and lines. All the major players do that a great way to get discounts

JiXeR'z DoDgE/FoRd KiLLeR 09-17-2008 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lalometalik (Post 131913)
i called AAA to get a rough idea on what i might be paying once i get the camaro. so i used a 2008 Ford Mustang GT as an example; since the person on the phone had to go off their 'computer' to get quotes, and undoubtedly, the Camaro wasnt in their system yet.
im 22, good driving record, single. to make a long story short, i would end up paying around $300/month for 9 months, if i went with a $2000 deductible(their max).

From what im reading on this thread, my quote sounds a little TOO high. i will have to call them back with a car that better resembles the Camaro.

any ideas on what car i should choose to call them back with????:iono:

Uh maybe try Challenger:yikes::yikes::yikes:

lalometalik 09-17-2008 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JiXeR'z DoDgE/FoRd KiLLeR (Post 132094)
Uh maybe try Challenger:yikes::yikes::yikes:

hahaha yeah...
Seeing the specs and price on the Challenger in comparison with the Camaro, wont this estimate overshoot what the Camaros insurance $$ may be???

69 Hugger 09-17-2008 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SS4EVER (Post 131808)
Yeah, there's soo many factors that decide your insurance rates, it's really hard and I'd add maybe misleading to ask what other people are paying or think they will pay.

1.) Which insurance company
2) Your location
3) Your Age
4) Your driving record
5) how much you are willing to pay for your deductable

and other reasons too...

I know I'm planning on getting the V6 so I'm not really too worried.

The v6 is 11-1 comp ratio I think ? kinda high for a huffer ? maybe, I'd hate for ya to hurt it, but were all gearheads right thats a good way to get around that insurance thing. be nice to be able to check a box,huffer please

ucla1ove3 09-17-2008 05:59 PM

what did you just say^^ that completely confused me. sorry. can you dumb it down for me