Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   M6 guys, what is the answer for us? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=257032)

DarkneSS 10-24-2012 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yellow_Glide (Post 5729632)
If the input shafts are the same thn it's a fairly straight forward deal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by h2oplay (Post 5730556)
Jay Leno's v6 turbo has a tremec, not sure how they pulled it off.

Let us look into this.

A ss tranny will carbon synchros won't be bullet proof but it should handle a boosted LLT just fine. We M6 guys already have the SS rear so we'd be good to go after an upgraded clutch.

I'd expect the SS trans to hold up longer than the LLT under boost.

Yellow_Glide 10-24-2012 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkneSS (Post 5730775)
Let us look into this.

A ss tranny will carbon synchros won't be bullet proof but it should handle a boosted LLT just fine. We M6 guys already have the SS rear so we'd be good to go after an upgraded clutch.

Very true. If the tremec would sustain 600 crank hp, that should suffice until the stroker crank is available.

Ventmaster 10-24-2012 11:05 AM

Quote:

Let us look into this.

:popcorn: I like the way you're thinking. (Does anybody else remember the old joke that ends with that as a punchline?).

vinman 10-24-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

We M6 guys already have the SS rear so we'd be good to go after an upgraded clutch.

Only the M6/RS have the SS rear and half shafts

'11CamaroLS 10-24-2012 12:27 PM

with enough money almost anything is possible lol

DarkneSS 10-24-2012 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinman (Post 5731575)

Really? What do you get if you ordered an M6 with no RS? That is bizarre...

And not my problem! LOL

bcperry 10-24-2012 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinman (Post 5731575)

Are you sure? I'm pretty sure my car is a LSD.

h2oplay 10-24-2012 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcperry (Post 5732368)
Are you sure? I'm pretty sure my car is a LSD.

It does for 2010-11 for sure, not sure what they've done after

Ventmaster 10-24-2012 04:26 PM

Quick update on the IDEALG modified clutch mastercylinder- I think it works! :drinking:

I'm running the Hurst aftermarket shifter (I think about the shortest throw out there- but not necessarily the best one), with the regular DOT#3 brake fluid in the OE hydraulic lines and right now I've got the OE gear oil in the trans. So the new mastercylinder gets the credit. The only other recent change was the NH-SS bushing replacement- which I also recommend because it really tightens up the shift pattern on the Hurst, but I doubt it impacts the 1-2 shift that much.

Today I re-bled it (just to be sure) changed the engine oil and took her out revved the shite out of it! Tried to make it grind- shifted beyond redline and... no noise, no crunch, no nothing.

Now it's still a balky, notchy little PIA tranny. But if I can bang a clean 1-2 shift and squall those back tires for a looong time every now and again, well I might keep it bit longer. :thumbup:

I'll still be watching for an easy swap for the Tremec out of the 1LE say?

TJ91 10-24-2012 06:34 PM

I rather replace my tranny with a home built tranny made out of butter and wood. It would definitly hold up better then out POS tranny. The fn grinds make you look like an amateur in front of people when it's really this crappy tranny. Guess it's evident how much I hate this tranny. Oh and it's soo damn notchy, doesn't want to go into first once in a while. Can't wait to replace it completely. Thinking Tr6060

Tulkas 10-24-2012 07:10 PM

Has anyone attempted to try fitting a tr6060 onto the LLT engine?
Or if they tried and it doesn't fit?

Yellow_Glide 10-24-2012 08:08 PM

I sent a PM to one of the vendors in the Vendor Tranny section - hopefully will at least start the conversation if not get some needed info. I'll post as soon as I have something.

gahammerle 10-24-2012 08:22 PM

I was hoping that the new Tremec (TR3060) developed for the new Caddy ATS would work since the ATS is also going to offer the 3.6, but the Motor Trend review said it wasn't that great of a tranny.

KMPrenger 10-24-2012 09:49 PM

Yeah the Jay Leno had the Tremec....I'm sure you can google or youtube the Jay Leno Twin Turbo V6 and find the video. It mentions it, but don't think it gives much in the way of details.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gahammerle (Post 5733535)
I was hoping that the new Tremec (TR3060) developed for the new Caddy ATS would work since the ATS is also going to offer the 3.6, but the Motor Trend review said it wasn't that great of a tranny.

Just read on motortrend that GM is stopping production on all the manual ATS at the moment to hopefully put a fix to that.....so it could still be a possibility!