Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Issues With My Camaro - We Need a Forum Here (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27509)

Embalmer 06-15-2009 09:17 AM

Issues With My Camaro - We Need a Forum Here

I know it's somewhat of a "negative" discussion, but I think it's time the mod's create an "Issues" forum.

Since owning my Camaro I've had a few issues with it and I'm wondering who else is having the same problems.

Below is my list so far:

1) RPM Gauge
The RPM gauge was "sticking" when it was coming back down from around 3k to 4k RPM. It would stutter as it came back down. (I have video of it).

I took it to the dealer for service and they had to remove the entire cluster and send it back in for repair. I got it back last friday - and the issue appears to be fixed.

HOWEVER: The dealer scuffed up my dash pretty good and dinged the silver ring that goes over the instrument cluster. They are replacing both now :mad0260:

2) Exhaust Noise
The dealer identified a "baffle" inside the rear driver's side muffler that is vibrating against the wall of the muffler. It is making a very high pitched ringing vibration noise and it's LOUD.

The guy at the dealership is waiting to hear back from his director on this one since it's a $2500 replacement of the exhaust apparently... go figure.

3) I have two issues with the stereo - these are minor and only 1 is a bug - I posted those issues here:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25156

So anyone else have these issues? I'd be very curious to see what problems you guys are having - and what you are doing to get them fixed.

2010SSRS 06-15-2009 10:01 AM

lemme just start by saying that thus far, 7553 has been flawless. yes the usb options for the stereo aren't perfect............but big deal.

now, Embalmer..........for an R6P code VIN in the 3000's such as yours, on a new design run.............c'mon man. it's to be expected.

if you search, you'll see that other vins near urs have had the speedo/tach issue as well as the exhaust issue.

think about what would happen if there were a "defect/issue" sticky........:facepalm:

no disrespect, but these are simply 1st production run bugs! not something any forum needs to dwell on! now go enjoy her............i'm enjoying mine..:happyanim:

2010 2-Tone 06-15-2009 10:07 AM

I am sure the good outweights the bad by miles and miles!!! That does suck that they scratched you dash up.:paddle::mad0260:

myold88 06-15-2009 10:25 AM

I think this is an excellent thread. When problems pop up I would like to know if its just my Camaro or a common occurance. Sounds informative and interesting.

rcphotography 06-15-2009 10:46 AM

I will add just one little issue- I use the crap out of my trunk and sometimes it doesn't want to pop open and the other day on the way home from the trip, I couldn't get it closed without using the key fob to make the actuator flip a few times. It's fine now but if it does it again I guess I have to take it in. Other than that- no other issues.

2010SLVRBULIT 06-15-2009 10:47 AM

..I think it's called 'Camaro complaint thread'..:facepalm:

live2well 06-15-2009 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcphotography (Post 586167)
I will add just one little issue- I use the crap out of my trunk and sometimes it doesn't want to pop open and the other day on the way home from the trip, I couldn't get it closed without using the key fob to make the actuator flip a few times. It's fine now but if it does it again I guess I have to take it in. Other than that- no other issues.

I had the same issue. But I found I hadnt closed the trunk completely. The problem was solved once I pushed the trunk down all the way. :) Mine was OE.....( Operator Error )

O2BQIK 06-15-2009 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Embalmer (Post 585919)
The guy at the dealership is waiting to hear back from his director on this one since it's a $2500 replacement of the exhaust apparently... go figure.

Not exactly on-topic, but FYI, if I were you I would use that quote to my advantage...as in, the SLP loudmouth exhaust is less than that. I don't know the price but let's say it's $1500...ask them to cover the cost of that and install it. That way they save money and you get an upgraded exhaust.

Unless you prefer the stock exhaust.

Embalmer 06-15-2009 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2010SSRS (Post 586034)
lemme just start by saying that thus far, 7553 has been flawless. yes the usb options for the stereo aren't perfect............but big deal.

now, Embalmer..........for an R6P code VIN in the 3000's such as yours, on a new design run.............c'mon man. it's to be expected.

if you search, you'll see that other vins near urs have had the speedo/tach issue as well as the exhaust issue.

think about what would happen if there were a "defect/issue" sticky........:facepalm:

no disrespect, but these are simply 1st production run bugs! not something any forum needs to dwell on! now go enjoy her............i'm enjoying mine..:happyanim:

I guess you may be missing the point.

I'm not complaining. I want an informative thread just as "myold88" suggested so we can hammer out issues with cars that are common or one-time type things.

NOW granted, I LOVE my new car - so much so that I've been out driving it and I haven't been on the forums to even see the tach issue OR the exhaust issue that you say is common with earlier builds.

Now the question becomes.... Did they actually replace the exhaust of those early cars or what? Because I seem to be getting some flack from the dealer.

THESE are the questions a thread like this can help answer... I don't want a thread where everyone simply bitches about their issues...but something that is easy to see and is actually helpful to us Camaro owners.

Embalmer 06-15-2009 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O2BQIK (Post 586284)
Not exactly on-topic, but FYI, if I were you I would use that quote to my advantage...as in, the SLP loudmouth exhaust is less than that. I don't know the price but let's say it's $1500...ask them to cover the cost of that and install it. That way they save money and you get an upgraded exhaust.

Not a bad idea there :)

Georgie 06-15-2009 11:33 AM

every forum has a warranty / problems section. its probably time to add it to this forum

trm0002 06-15-2009 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O2BQIK (Post 586284)

While it would be nice, they simply can't do that since they'll be sending the system back to the manufacturer for credit and the manufacturer will simply send them an extra one in the next shipment. It would be nice ( and actually smart ) to have the option- which is exactly why it won't be done. :D

CamaroHutch 06-15-2009 11:47 AM

Whenever my RPMs are above about 2.5k, I have the strange rattling sound coming from around the dash, glovebox area... its not that loud, and only really hear it when not accelerating quickly, and when the stereo is down.... anyone else notice this... or have an idea of what it may be? It never rattles over bumps or anything else.

Embalmer 06-15-2009 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroHutch (Post 586370)
Whenever my RPMs are above about 2.5k, I have the strange rattling sound coming from around the dash, glovebox area... its not that loud, and only really hear it when not accelerating quickly, and when the stereo is down.... anyone else notice this... or have an idea of what it may be? It never rattles over bumps or anything else.

I've heard this when I'm going down a dirt road or over some bumps.... but not from the Engine ....

Almost sounds like a door stop twanging....