Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chevy Camaro vs... (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Got Challenged by a Challenger.... 6.4 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=203967)

jph2275 02-19-2012 09:27 AM

Got Challenged by a Challenger.... 6.4

1 Attachment(s)
Camaro5,

Hey guys, well I used to be on a forum when I was much younger and had a dodge ram rumble bee truck. I met a ton of cool people on that forum much like here and I recently popped back in to say hi. Well, an old hat on the forum asked me to line up with his new challenger since we are both in Houston this spring.... I looked at his signature and it is a 6.4 2011 Chally.

The fella said his mods are

-catback
-cai

all on factory goodyears.

I have a 2010 2SS/RS with

- 6 speed manual
- England green dyno tune
- straight pipe exhaust
- vararam "tune model" intake
- lsr short throw shifter

I agreed to line them up, as of course It's all in good fun and I have yet to run one of those MOPAR's yet.

Do you think I will get my butt handed to me? I believe he has a 6 speed as well.

I have posted a link to his dyno graph and his recent time slips from the other website, hope he doesnt mind. Doubt he does:

- http://www.rumblebee.org//files/img_3709_small_173.jpg
- http://www.rumblebee.org//files/img_3167small_699.jpg

And I have also attached my graph:

So, if it seems that on paper he would smoke me, I was planning on installing long tube headers this spring before the race...

Would this even out the playing field any?

Anything else I can do to beef up for race day?

Thanks,

Peace, Love, And :chevy:. Without all the hippie crap, and what the hell, smoke em if you got em.

2010SLVRBULIT 02-19-2012 09:35 AM

w/ about 50hp + weight difference, it should be a driver's race. Practice on your get go from the start.

Blueclyde 02-19-2012 09:41 AM

Hmmm. I would have said drivers race before looking at his time slips. Something doesn't add up. His 60' and 1/4 mile times are pretty stout. Not too many almost stock Camaros running those kind of times.

RANGERGOD 02-19-2012 09:45 AM

I would say you have hime with a good launch and good shifts..

asrautox 02-19-2012 11:22 AM

He's only got 25whp on you, but his 52wtq advantage will help him off the line and through the first half of the track. You'll need a better rwhp/weight ratio to even it out.

assasinator 02-19-2012 11:37 AM

he will ilkely win. the dyno slips would only matter if you both ran back to back.

my bet is a .2 difference. he has a massive torque advantage. he wins.

ULTRAZLS1 02-19-2012 12:09 PM

Absolute best case scenario in perfect conditions and amazing driving a tune and cai ls3 6 speed SS could maybe run a 12.2 on stock rubber (best stock time EVER is a 12.5). I see he got a 1.8 60 ft...he can drive...but dont know his DA.

Absolute best case scenario it will be very close. But I would have to guess he has got you by a couple tenths. Very unlikely you will be able to match his 12.2. You will most likely be mid to high 12's if you can drive and have good conditions.

Get some longtubes and make it interesting. But that will only help if you can still launch it correctly. Maybe you will need some smaller rims and DR's. I think he has got you right now.

NoWRX 02-19-2012 12:20 PM

My money is on the Challenger. If he's running those times, it's probably an auto, which means you can rule out a win because he's a shitty driver. He's going to cut those times all day long.

ULTRAZLS1 02-19-2012 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoWRX (Post 4508410)
My money is on the Challenger. If he's running those times, it's probably an auto, which means you can rule out a win because he's a shitty driver. He's going to cut those times all day long.

OP said he was a 6 speed...assuming he means MT. But those look like the auto times for sure. I havent seen anyone with a 6 speed manual run that yet. 1.8 60 would be hard to pull with the MT with stock rubber on that car.

MauriSSio 02-19-2012 01:48 PM

His car should already be a lil faster maybe 3tenths and 3mph given equal drivers but it seems hes also really good behind the wheel so good luck on that!!!

SRT8Tech 02-19-2012 02:51 PM

Johns 392 is not a 6 speed car. Its an auto and he has run a 12.28 @ 114 bone stock before the mods. He knows how to drive that sum bitch so look out............

We have been running for the best bone stock 392 time for a while and we are DAMN CLOSE. My 12.25 @ 114 to his 12.28 @ 114. He is on this forum as "dadstoy"

dadstoy 02-19-2012 05:25 PM

cool, yes my challenger is an auto and those are my times. they were run at KCIR in 50 degree temps. temps have a big effect on my car. I can hit 1.8 60' consistantly on factory F1's. the challenger seams to be able to hook pretty well in stock form for the Auto tranny's. 6 speed manuals are not doing well in the 60' department.

Just looking for fun. nothing serious. I am a hugh GM fan and traded my 2007 vette for this challenger so I could take daughter and grand daughter to track and car shows in one car.

I am looking at the ZL1 as a replacement for my challenger depending on price gouging by the stealerships.

dadstoy 02-19-2012 05:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
btw, I posted my time slips on the thread in our rumblebee site to let him know that my car did run pretty good for a stock challenger 392. might have a little to do with the driver also.

here is my old TA and it was a moser manual 6 speed with 4.56 gears, spec stage 3 clutch

calbert1999 02-19-2012 06:13 PM

I think you should be able to take him with the added hp from headers. Throw in a nasty CAM and you'll probably have him for sure.