Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   2012 Camaro5 Fest (III) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=153)
-   -   C5FIII Track Rules - Drag (2012NHRA) & AutoX (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205180)

RubyCamaro 02-26-2012 08:27 PM

Okay but, uh I'm not a guy. I can't just change clothes anywhere. Okay, I was in Band in high school & learned some pretty creative clothes changing skills but, I don't want to try to put shorts on under jeans. That's why I say it might just be easier to wear the race suit with shorts & tank top under it, then I can just take it off.

insidethreat07 02-26-2012 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubyCamaro (Post 4548630)
Okay but, uh I'm not a guy. I can't just change clothes anywhere. Okay, I was in Band in high school & learned some pretty creative clothes changing skills but, I don't want to try to put shorts on under jeans. That's why I say it might just be easier to wear the race suit with shorts & tank top under it, then I can just take it off.

:facepalm:I missed that last part lol my bad.
Maybe someone can chime in with some other options

hrpiii 02-27-2012 07:02 AM

There are several "large" restrooms all around the track to use for changing. You are not stuck to changing clothes in the Blue Port-a-stink-pots. :D

collinsRS 02-27-2012 08:01 AM

with my lil V6...

Helmet, T-shirt, jeans, shoes...shorts underneath for when I'm done!

Dave Coyle 02-27-2012 08:14 AM

Ruby, have you had your car to a track to see what times it will run? My guess if it is a stock V6 you will be safe with a pair of blue jeans, normal pair of shoes, a normal long sleeved shirt and a helmet. "Most" track will not say too much if your car runs in the 14 second and slower range and really don't get "too" picky as long as you have a helmet and are running in the 13 second range. They will get after you to wear the "tech" clothing and everything else if your car is running 11.49 and quicker but I really don't think that this will count for you. Hope this helps you out a little. Come and have fun!!!!

BAD DAB 02-27-2012 08:16 AM

What do you mean when you say working the corners?

garcmol 02-27-2012 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jus1dab (Post 4550154)
What do you mean when you say working the corners?

The autocross is purely being run by volunteers. We need help with corners, tech, timing, etc etc. During your driving session you will drive, work cones, drive, help with timing, drive, work corner.

Check out the AutoX thread.

I know this helmet thing is kicking everyone's a$$. AutoCross requires the SA 2005 2010 helmet, which has been established.

:respekt:

dianeokie 02-27-2012 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Coyle (Post 4550147)
Ruby, have you had your car to a track to see what times it will run? My guess if it is a stock V6 you will be safe with a pair of blue jeans, normal pair of shoes, a normal long sleeved shirt and a helmet. "Most" track will not say too much if your car runs in the 14 second and slower range and really don't get "too" picky as long as you have a helmet and are running in the 13 second range. They will get after you to wear the "tech" clothing and everything else if your car is running 11.49 and quicker but I really don't think that this will count for you. Hope this helps you out a little. Come and have fun!!!!

Also, I don't think it has to be jeans, right? You could wear some sweats or track pants........right?:iono: Easier to slip off.......;)

RubyCamaro 02-27-2012 10:57 AM

Okay I'll think on it. Most gym type pants these days are however at least in part synthetic (so they will stretch) but then so are most jeans.

dianeokie 02-27-2012 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubyCamaro (Post 4550832)
Okay I'll think on it. Most gym type pants these days are however at least in part synthetic (so they will stretch) but then so are most jeans.

:) Don't know about you girl, but my jeans won't stretch over shorts;)

I'll probably just find a place to change! Maybe we need to have a portable changing tent for our many outfits :yikes:

BTW, leave it to me to hijack a perfectly legit thread........

GMteSSted 02-27-2012 12:02 PM

"ALL POWER ADDER RACERS WITH N0N-OEM/FACTORY POWER ADDERS IE:SUPERCHARGERS,TURBOCHARGERS,OR THE USE OF NITROUS. SECTION 1A,PAGE 65 OF THE 2009 NHRA RULEBOOK READS AS FOLLOWS. "10.00(*6.40 1/8 MILE) AND SLOWER; ALL E.T.NON-OEM SUPERCHARGER,NON-OEM TURBOCHARGED, OR NITROUS-EQUIPPED CARS WITH AN OEM OR .024-INCH STEEL FIREWALL: JACKET MEETING SFI SPEC 3.2A/1 MANDATORY. " THESE JACKETS ARE AFFORDABLE. THIS RULE WILL BE ENFORCED!"

Does this mean all supercharged cars, excluding the ZL1, regardless of E.T.,the driver, must wear a jacket?

Any one have links on these jackets?

WadeWilson 02-27-2012 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMteSSted (Post 4551245)
"ALL POWER ADDER RACERS WITH N0N-OEM/FACTORY POWER ADDERS IE:SUPERCHARGERS,TURBOCHARGERS,OR THE USE OF NITROUS. SECTION 1A,PAGE 65 OF THE 2009 NHRA RULEBOOK READS AS FOLLOWS. "10.00(*6.40 1/8 MILE) AND SLOWER; ALL E.T.NON-OEM SUPERCHARGER,NON-OEM TURBOCHARGED, OR NITROUS-EQUIPPED CARS WITH AN OEM OR .024-INCH STEEL FIREWALL: JACKET MEETING SFI SPEC 3.2A/1 MANDATORY. " THESE JACKETS ARE AFFORDABLE. THIS RULE WILL BE ENFORCED!"

Does this mean all supercharged cars, excluding the ZL1, regardless of E.T.,the driver, must wear a jacket?

Any one have links on these jackets?

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-51103/

GTAHVIT 02-27-2012 01:34 PM

OK gang,

Here's an update.

We'd really like to adhere to the SA standard for the autox... But we found that many AutoX and even some road courses only require the M standard for snell 2005/2010...

As such we are looking in to some options. As of now we are sticking to our position on using the Automotive standard helmets. Having said that, if you haven't bought a helmet yet, you may want to hold off. We are considering some other options.

Once Pete and Garcmol, Tran and I are on the same page we'll post the latest information.

Thanks very much.

Norm, Please quote this in whatever threads you feel it is relevant to.

Thanks very much! :D

skipinminn 03-02-2012 07:46 PM

YEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I'm keep my fingers crossed :) This would save me some cash :) I got 3 "M helmets" < If they go the SA route I have to buy Two more for ME and the Other Half :( $300 for a weekend Yikes )