Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   I Phone bluetooth pairing (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32689)

Rockman 07-16-2009 10:11 AM

I Phone bluetooth pairing

I was able to pair my i phone with the camaro "General Motors" connection for the phone function and it works great. But when i attempt to connect with the "GMusic" in order to play music from my I phone via Bluetooth, i encounter problems. I was actually able to get it to work one time but when i came back to the car it wouldn't pair with the Gmusic. I tried to start over with the I phone but cant get the phone to recognize the GMusic signal from the car. Can any body help

Mr_Draco 07-16-2009 10:29 AM

Did you do the second Bluetooth pairing? You are suppose to do 2 pairings, one for the phone and one for the music. The phone also needs to be in another mode, Airplane Mode, for the second Bluetooth pairing.

destroyer4 07-16-2009 10:02 PM

So the only way the audio will work with bluetooth is if it is in air plane mode? Also, is there a way to sync your address book? Or do you have to put them in manually?

Nexus6 07-16-2009 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Draco (Post 686562)
Did you do the second Bluetooth pairing? You are suppose to do 2 pairings, one for the phone and one for the music. The phone also needs to be in another mode, Airplane Mode, for the second Bluetooth pairing.

I have read that iphone users can still use the phone and the music functions at the same time.

MB2010CC 07-17-2009 01:24 AM

Airplane mode would not let you use the phone at all. Just keep tweaking with it. I got my 3GS to work. If you have the 1st or 2nd gen iPhone you might want to call apple abs see if streaming music via Bluetooth is possible with those models.

Nexus6 07-17-2009 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MB2010CC (Post 689943)
Airplane mode would not let you use the phone at all. Just keep tweaking with it. I got my 3GS to work. If you have the 1st or 2nd gen iPhone you might want to call apple abs see if streaming music via Bluetooth is possible with those models.

they added that ability in to the 3.0 software update

Sideswipe 07-18-2009 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockman (Post 686475)
I was able to pair my i phone with the camaro "General Motors" connection for the phone function and it works great. But when i attempt to connect with the "GMusic" in order to play music from my I phone via Bluetooth, i encounter problems. I was actually able to get it to work one time but when i came back to the car it wouldn't pair with the Gmusic. I tried to start over with the I phone but cant get the phone to recognize the GMusic signal from the car. Can any body help

I have the exact same problem and its driving me nuts! I would have my iphone forget the device, then reconnect again, I did this a few times before connecting it's like playing a slot machine to pair up gm music. When i is connected you can use the phone functionality as well. I hope there is a way to fix this problem. I'd like for it to recognize the phone when the car starts instead of a crap shoot.

codeman71 07-18-2009 09:27 AM

The first gen iPhones don't support music over Bluetooth. It has to be a 3G or 3GS for that to work. There are some Bluetooth software updates coming to the module, so that should hopefully improve the operation.

LS1Proud 07-18-2009 09:13 PM

One thing that may help that I have seen time and time again with bluetooth phones and syncing with stereos in automobiles is that you need to adjust your bluetooth settings so that it is always discoverable instead of hidden. This only will help if your phone does not seem to connect automatically, which it should after the first sync.

Sideswipe 07-29-2009 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by codeman71 (Post 695072)
The first gen iPhones don't support music over Bluetooth. It has to be a 3G or 3GS for that to work. There are some Bluetooth software updates coming to the module, so that should hopefully improve the operation.

Thanks for the info Codeman! Do you know when the update might be available?

codeman71 07-30-2009 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sideswipe (Post 735810)
Thanks for the info Codeman! Do you know when the update might be available?

Well, right now there is an update out that has some fixes, but there's another update that should be available at your dealer in the next few days or weeks. There's a thread over here that talks about the updates available for the PDIM. You can always try visiting your dealer and seeing if they're able to find the update that's available right now, or wait for the next one to come out.