Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Tuner will VOID warranty (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72397)

Stealth 2010 2SS/RS 03-21-2010 07:52 PM

Tuner will VOID warranty

4 Attachment(s)
you may want to read this before buying a tunner

ron10 03-21-2010 08:08 PM

there has been several threads on this.

600hp-lpe 03-21-2010 08:12 PM

Warranty on mine was gone on Day 1...LOL

And my car is SOOO much better for it!

If it breaks, it'll get better parts...

Stealth 2010 2SS/RS 03-21-2010 08:14 PM

if you read thr pdf files you will see how gm knows how people have tunes on there cars, this will put an end to will it void my warranty or not, i would like to see a vendor show how if you go back to stock, gm will not be able to notice

honeybucket99 03-21-2010 08:28 PM

nice docs to have

Nice of GM to put it out there that as a matter of course any change voids warranty. If I have a problem and mods caused it, I pay; but, if there is a problem and it is caused by defect in the vehicle not the mods, then GM is going to pay. I don't believe a jury will like GM canceling warranties as a matter of course. This is just a humble country lawyer's opinion from Ga.

Mr_Draco 03-21-2010 08:32 PM

Hmm yea you're about a year late.

As for how it works going back to stock, when a tuner saves the factory tune, it also saves those verification numbers that those PDF's are talking about. So when you reinstall the factory tune, you also reinstall the factory verification numbers.

Stealth 2010 2SS/RS 03-21-2010 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by honeybucket99 (Post 1618323)
Nice of GM to put it out there that as a matter of course any change voids warranty. If I have a problem and mods caused it, I pay; but, if there is a problem and it is caused by defect in the vehicle not the mods, then GM is going to pay. I don't believe a jury will like GM canceling warranties as a matter of course. This is just a humble country lawyer's opinion from Ga.

i'm the same way, just trying to see what the tuners that say if you go back to stock tune the dealers will not know. i work at a dealer were we took a escalde in on trade and sold it and the motor blew up on it and it had a tune for the speedo nothing els(after market wheels), gm looked at the computer and did not pay for the warranty. so for the customer that had it when the motor went south we pick up half the bill of $4500

Stealth 2010 2SS/RS 03-21-2010 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Draco (Post 1618346)
Hmm yea you're about a year late.

As for how it works going back to stock, when a tuner saves the factory tune, it also saves those verification numbers that those PDF's are talking about. So when you reinstall the factory tune, you also reinstall the factory verification numbers.

I would like to see that

Mr_Draco 03-21-2010 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stealth 2010 2SS/RS (Post 1618394)
I would like to see that

Then talk to Vector Motorsports. They do it all the time and have tunes in hundreds of cars and quite a few of them have been checked by GM with no issues what so ever.

tuner1 03-23-2010 02:36 PM

if your worried you can simply return the stock tune and ther are no changes and it can not be detected period.

ron10 03-23-2010 02:49 PM

wonder how much money GM will save from warranty work they will not have to do on the camaro?

Chrisrp454 03-23-2010 02:53 PM

not again!

:reposthorse:

Mike@DS 03-23-2010 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stealth 2010 2SS/RS (Post 1618258)
if you read thr pdf files you will see how gm knows how people have tunes on there cars, this will put an end to will it void my warranty or not, i would like to see a vendor show how if you go back to stock, gm will not be able to notice

easy, plug in predator or trinity, install tune, restore stock tune, go to dealer.

They will NEVER know.

Anyone ever wonder what GM engineers do when they leave GM? They go to work in the aftermarket....lol. Trust me, we know what we are doing!

tjbusa 03-23-2010 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike@Diablosport (Post 1625693)
easy, plug in predator or trinity, install tune, restore stock tune, go to dealer.

They will NEVER know.

Anyone ever wonder what GM engineers do when they leave GM? They go to work in the aftermarket....lol. Trust me, we know what we are doing!

Diablosport :thumbsup:

Data logging custom tune and you control the program file to return your car to the stock tune if needed. Go to a dyno shop and you have to take your car back to them to return the stock tune.