Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chevy Camaro vs... (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Z28 Camaro vs. HPE Camaro (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47354)

All-Or-Nothing 10-18-2009 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speed74SS (Post 1058805)
11.38's stock?? If you call stock - smaller rims and full slicks... Someone was trying to make it look like a GT500 right off the showroom is going to do an 11.38 on stock tires and rims - not going to happen.

Well if you're a serious racer it would make sense to put slicks on it.

Speed74SS 10-18-2009 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by All-Or-Nothing (Post 1058923)
Well if you're a serious racer it would make sense to put slicks on it.

I'm not saying that it doesn't make sense to put slicks on it but if someone bought a stock GT500 and went out and was saying that they can run an 11.38 stock and I said "well then lets see it" and they had to go and buy different rims and tires first, then it doesn't make much sense to call it stock?? As you won't be getting those numbers anywhere but at the track with slicks and smaller rims - everyone knows that this helps but you don't see many on the street like that.

All-Or-Nothing 10-18-2009 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speed74SS (Post 1058971)
I'm not saying that it doesn't make sense to put slicks on it but if someone bought a stock GT500 and went out and was saying that they can run an 11.38 stock and I said "well then lets see it" and they had to go and buy different rims and tires first, then it doesn't make much sense to call it stock?? As you won't be getting those numbers anywhere but at the track with slicks and smaller rims - everyone knows that this helps but you don't see many on the street like that.

Well if they think that they are stupid for not reading the full article. It's not like they tried to hide the fact that they used slicks.

Speed74SS 10-18-2009 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by All-Or-Nothing (Post 1058985)
Well if they think that they are stupid for not reading the full article. It's not like they tried to hide the fact that they used slicks.

Agreed - And the GT500 has a lot of potential with different tires. Anyone that can strap on some drag slicks to a stock car and can run those times should be excited. :thumbsup:

All-Or-Nothing 10-18-2009 12:40 PM

Has anyone run a stock SS with slicks to see how much it helps on 1/4 times???

Speed74SS 10-18-2009 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by All-Or-Nothing (Post 1059011)
Has anyone run a stock SS with slicks to see how much it helps on 1/4 times???

I'm not sure if anyone has run slicks on a stock SS yet. I know OrangeChevy has run a 11.37 on DR's and smaller rims with a cam, LT, exhaust, CAI & Tune. A stock Camaro on slicks would obviously not be able to run what the GT500 is running on slicks. I believe that I could run those times with slicks on my car.