Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Chevy Vs Ford Debate (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19114)

hollywoodGU 04-19-2009 08:46 AM

Chevy Vs Ford Debate

I noticed something interesting

When Import guys and Muscle guys debate about who has better cars the arguement is always Imports can't make fast N/A cars and Muscle Cars have to have Large engines to go fast.

The funny thing is the debate between the Ford boys and us Chevy Boys is the same thing. Chevy guys say ford cant make fast cars with a N/A motor. And The ford boys say Chevy has to use a larger engine to get that power. Just thought that was a funny observation...any thoughts?
:chevy:

THE EVIL TW1N 04-19-2009 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hollywoodGU (Post 416434)
I noticed something interesting

When Import guys and Muscle guys debate about who has better cars the arguement is always Imports can't make fast N/A cars and Muscle Cars have to have Large engines to go fast.

The funny thing is the debate between the Ford boys and us Chevy Boys is the same thing. Chevy guys say ford cant make fast cars with a N/A motor. And The ford boys say Chevy has to use a larger engine to get that power. Just thought that was a funny observation...any thoughts?
:chevy:

It's a stupid argument to say ford can't make a good NA engine. And it's stupid to say Chevy needs more displacement. Both companies are very capable. They choose different ways for different reasons. Look at the Australian line of 5.4's, the engines put out over 420 HP, just like the LS3's. And Chevy did supercharge their Corvette to run with the Viper, which had a huge advantage because of their displacement.

snizzle 04-19-2009 01:59 PM

Yeah, it's a dumb argument. HP is HP. My only gripe with FI is decreased longevity on the internals. I'd take a 500 NA engine over its' FI 500 HP counterpart anyday.

Dakota Kid 04-19-2009 02:06 PM

I've owned Chevys and Fords, and I like both. To limit yourself to one brand is simply to limit yourself.

THE EVIL TW1N 04-19-2009 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snizzle (Post 416833)
Yeah, it's a dumb argument. HP is HP. My only gripe with FI is decreased longevity on the internals. I'd take a 500 NA engine over its' FI 500 HP counterpart anyday.

The only engines I've seen with decreased longevity from FI is from engines not designed for FI from the factory. There are 450rwhp+ 03/04 Cobras crossing the 150,000 mile range now and even a couple past 200,000. Longevity isn't the issue, it's decent tuning.

fdjizm 04-19-2009 02:22 PM

people choose not to be on the same page and keep arguing, people will say FI is "cheating" and people will say "just a hug engine" is cheating, it's not cheating its manufacturing a performance car, get over it...

who cares how they get the horsepower... people will say solid rear axles are old and archaic, and you can also say a pushrod engine is old and archaic,

for ever point there is one against it, it will never end. hopefully some people open their eyes and realize we are driving fords and chevys not ferrari's and lamborghini's...
(even though the fanboys and die hard kool-aid drinkers will damn near say the quality of their chosen car tops ferrari/lamborghini lol)

joepitt 04-19-2009 02:24 PM

Old rivalry

I think some of these rivalries go back a generation or two or three :)
As someone said, both companies have made great products. That said, those ford guys are crazy if they think ford can take The General, even in his weakened condition :sm0:

EU4IC 04-19-2009 02:34 PM

I just don't see why Chevy, Ford, and Dodge don't get together and take out all the rice burners with fart cans.

Don't fight your cousin--fight the crazy person lving down the street that revs for little kids playing in their yard :paddle:

GatorBlue371 04-19-2009 03:32 PM

Stupid argument.

Now if they are talking about a high revving engine....

levi1922 04-19-2009 06:10 PM

well chevy uses 3.6 liters to get 304, ford uses 4.6 to get 315.

snizzle 04-19-2009 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THE EVIL TW1N (Post 416841)
The only engines I've seen with decreased longevity from FI is from engines not designed for FI from the factory. There are 450rwhp+ 03/04 Cobras crossing the 150,000 mile range now and even a couple past 200,000. Longevity isn't the issue, it's decent tuning.

Generally true, *cough* Mazda RX7 *cough*

I've seen examples of factory produced FI engines that just simply have more reliability issues. You're introducing more stress on the engine and you've got to have the design prowess and therefore the backbone designed for the application. It's just yet another potential Fix Or Repair Daily :D

THE EVIL TW1N 04-19-2009 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by levi1922 (Post 417298)
well chevy uses 3.6 liters to get 304, ford uses 4.6 to get 315.

Whats the point?
GM also has the DOHC NorthStar (4.6) that only makes 292 hp.
And Ford has a 275 hp V6 as well without DI, which if/when it recieves it I'm sure will make over 300 hp as well. And their V6 ecotec makes over 350 hp.

In the end they can all make engines basically of equal caliber. This debate is stupid.

hollywoodGU 04-20-2009 07:31 AM

oh im not saying the debate isnt stupid because i know it is.
im just saying i see all the chevy/ford fanboys and the muscle/import fanboys saying the same shit

ArcAngel 04-20-2009 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dakota Kid (Post 416839)
I've owned Chevys and Fords, and I like both. To limit yourself to one brand is simply to limit yourself.

:clap:very well said!