Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Mary Barra new CEO of GM! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=332139)

Cheveey57 12-10-2013 01:37 PM

New GM CEO

Is for the first time a woman. So maybe a pink Camaro isn't far off.

Sikoriko 12-10-2013 01:43 PM

She is a electrical engineer, been there forever. Good for her

Cheveey57 12-10-2013 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sikoriko (Post 7251610)
She is a electrical engineer, been there forever. Good for her

Yes she has but they're making a big thing about it. Because no woman has ever held the post.

not 12-10-2013 02:35 PM

As long as she didn't design the Pontiac Aztec it is worth giving her a chance. She has been there like 33 yrs or something.

GM really lost its way when its CEO's all came out of the Finance Dept. instead of being a real car person with a degree in Mechanical Engineering. If this woman has a degree in Electrical Engineering, she has to know something. And for a dig on my ME buds, most ME's are ME's as they flunked out as EE's....................

BluePhoenix 12-10-2013 03:48 PM

Should be interesting.

GretchenGotGrowl 12-10-2013 03:52 PM

Better an engineer than a bean counter.

RJT Impala 12-10-2013 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl (Post 7251888)
Better an engineer than a bean counter.

One of my great frustrations is that my current work employs me as a "bean counter". My skills allow me to fulfill the requirements, but its painful to me when the bottom line takes precedence. Cost should be an independent variable and not THE driving determinant!

RubyCamaro 12-10-2013 07:33 PM

Mary Barra new CEO of GM!

http://www.foxbusiness.com/industrie...st-female-ceo/

You go girl! First Woman to head a major automobile manufacturer & one of only a few CEO's of major corporations. Congratulations Ms Barra & way to go GM. Now we can sit back & have faith that GM is going to be just fine. The hand that rocks the cradle is now going to rock the world!

Hummmmmmmmmmmm? What will be next????????
C5 moderator?
No, even better, a female president of the United States!

:chevy:

FilibustaRhymes 12-10-2013 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by not (Post 7251731)
As long as she didn't design the Pontiac Aztec it is worth giving her a chance. She has been there like 33 yrs or something.

GM really lost its way when its CEO's all came out of the Finance Dept. instead of being a real car person with a degree in Mechanical Engineering. If this woman has a degree in Electrical Engineering, she has to know something. And for a dig on my ME buds, most ME's are ME's as they flunked out as EE's....................

Then there's me, I flunked out of both and went into IT instead of getting a real job. :bonk:

RubyCamaro 12-10-2013 09:31 PM

Oh, Hell Yeah! She is going to do great!

repost from my thread in the other automotive section:

http://www.foxbusiness.com/industrie...st-female-ceo/

You go girl! First Woman to head a major automobile manufacturer & one of only a few CEO's of major corporations. Congratulations Ms Barra & way to go GM. Now we can sit back & have faith that GM is going to be just fine. The hand that rocks the cradle is now going to rock the world!

Hummmmmmmmmmmm? What will be next????????
C5 moderator?
No, even better, a female president of the United States!

:chevy:

Alot9439 12-10-2013 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by not (Post 7251731)

So most Mechanical engineer's are that because they flunked out of Electrical engineering yeah ok....:rolleyes:. Also petroleum engineers are doing that because they flunked out of electrical engineering. Your final statement is BS sorry.

2012-1822 12-10-2013 09:38 PM

I'd really love to make some off color jokes that would get me kicked off of here, but I won't.

Good for her though. Had a conversation with my mom recently discussing the split of female to male finance majors at the University of Alabama. I commented that my finance class is like 97% male. She said she had hoped the business world had changed by now. I told her that no one is stopping women from signing up for finance classes, that's their choice, and it's just the finance that I have noticed being that way. Other classes may not be 50/50, but they aren't so skewed towards so much of a boys club anymore.

Imagine a day when it won't be a big deal for a woman to take a chief job at a company, it will be just the new chief.

dgriddick 12-11-2013 04:40 AM

It should not be a big deal for anyone to take a job, woman, African American, Asian.whatever. We're all equal..

Its time to leave ignorance behind... We are all intelligent..

Great for her..

Its about what you know.. not what / who you are.. Hopefully everyone will be judged one day by the content of their character.. and not what you can see..

American muscle, apple pie, land of opportunity
Maybe the 2016 will really be old school now..

roorback 12-11-2013 07:49 AM

Not only is OP ignorant, they cannot read either. There are already enough threads related to this.