Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   Service Tire Presure monitor system (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=298967)

gm2376 05-31-2013 12:34 PM

Service Tire Presure monitor system

I finally took my car out of storage, and the tpm system read nothing. I figure no big deal, as the battery was disconnected. i release the extra air and drove around and hit relearn and still nothing. I even put in more air and released it just to let it flow through the monitors, and still says service system. Anything else i should try, or it is a trip to the stealership,

Chevrolet Customer Svc 05-31-2013 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gm2376 (Post 6612297)
I finally took my car out of storage, and the tpm system read nothing. I figure no big deal, as the battery was disconnected. i release the extra air and drove around and hit relearn and still nothing. I even put in more air and released it just to let it flow through the monitors, and still says service system. Anything else i should try, or it is a trip to the stealership,

Hello gm2376,

Sorry you're having some issue's currently. Could you private message me your VIN and current mileage. I will see if there is any information I have on this issue for you.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care

SSMickey 05-31-2013 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gm2376 (Post 6612297)

If your quote above is the way you did it, you did it all wrong. Look in your owners manual. It's simple on the 10's, others...not so much.
The procedure is listed on page 9-60 in the owners manual.

gm2376 05-31-2013 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSMickey (Post 6613548)
If your quote above is the way you did it, you did it all wrong. Look in your owners manual. It's simple on the 10's, others...not so much.
The procedure is listed on page 9-60 in the owners manual.

i did it the way you do all gm cars with tpms....start the relearn, let out air in the front passenger until the horn beeps....problem no beep.....can't deflate my entire tire to see what happens.

The Stig 05-31-2013 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gm2376 (Post 6613579)
i did it the way you do all gm cars with tpms....start the relearn, let out air in the front passenger until the horn beeps....problem no beep.....can't deflate my entire tire to see what happens.

You don't need to let a lot of air out, just barely press the needle thingy down and only a little air gets out.

SSMickey 05-31-2013 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gm2376 (Post 6613579)

That's not what you said in your OP... but anyway. Put the TPMS in relearn and start with the DRIVERS FRONT, let air out until the horn beeps once, then do the same with the passenger front, passenger rear, drivers rear in that order. After the relearn is done, you'll get a double beep. Turn the key off and air your tires back up to the correct pressure. If you start with any tire other than the LF, the relearn should work, but the system will report the wrong pressure per tire. If you have no way of adding air to your tires after the relearn, any tire shop should be able to do this in about 5 minutes.

gm2376 05-31-2013 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSMickey (Post 6613640)
That's not what you said in your OP... but anyway. Put the TPMS in relearn and start with the DRIVERS FRONT, let air out until the horn beeps once, then do the same with the passenger front, passenger rear, drivers rear in that order. After the relearn is done, you'll get a double beep. Turn the key off and air your tires back up to the correct pressure. If you start with any tire other than the LF, the relearn should work, but the system will report the wrong pressure per tire. If you have no way of adding air to your tires after the relearn, any tire shop should be able to do this in about 5 minutes.

Already tried that. Didn't work.

SSMickey 05-31-2013 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gm2376 (Post 6613734)
Already tried that. Didn't work.

Then I would take it to a tire shop and let them use there tool on it. I can do a re-learn myself with my stock wheels, but I have to have the tool to trigger the sensors with my Forgelines. I know, weird.

Avenging Orange 05-31-2013 10:23 PM

Or, you can rely on your brain and a tire gauge. :doh:
Sorry, couldn't resist. :D

gm2376 05-31-2013 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avenging Orange (Post 6614274)
Or, you can rely on your brain and a tire gauge. :doh:
Sorry, couldn't resist. :D

Or since its in warranty and only has 3000 miles, it can be fixed so I dont have a warning and and a tpm symbol lit on my dash

Avenging Orange 06-02-2013 11:44 PM

That was easy, huh? Could have done that to begin with.

gm2376 06-03-2013 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avenging Orange (Post 6621492)
That was easy, huh? Could have done that to begin with.

And what would be easy? Taking it to the dealer? Considering I have a job , a family and limited time, making a appointment and dropping off a car and having someone take me home or wait is not easy. Thanks for the worthless posts and comments. Always need a few of those in a thread.

Bpw72 06-03-2013 07:32 AM

Not sure if the 2010 is different than the 11's but I find relearning on mine works quicker when I put air in the tires instead of taking it out.

gm2376 06-03-2013 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bpw72 (Post 6621964)
Not sure if the 2010 is different than the 11's but I find relearning on mine works quicker when I put air in the tires instead of taking it out.

Thanks....i'm at the dealer right now. he said they lost frequency, they are using a tpms tool? never seen it before, they put it near the tpms and i guess it re syncs the frequency.