Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   So who here is voiding the Warranty right off the bat? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14590)

1320junkie 03-01-2009 05:03 PM

So who here is voiding the Warranty right off the bat?

If so, what modifications do you plan on doing?

zebra 03-01-2009 05:08 PM

first i wanna break-in my engine, driveline, etc, but if i'm gonna throw out my warranty, it's gonna have a TT, cam, forged internals, CAI, full exhaust (LTs w/ HFC and Xpipe, mufflers), 3:73 rear, pedders suspension, cts-v brakes. that might do me for now

1320junkie 03-01-2009 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zebra (Post 315467)
first i wanna break-in my engine, driveline, etc, but if i'm gonna throw out my warranty, it's gonna have a TT, cam, forged internals, CAI, full exhaust (LTs w/ HFC and Xpipe, mufflers), 3:73 rear, pedders suspension, cts-v brakes. that might do me for now

I plan on throwing out my warranty very quickly also. I am going to see what LPE comes up with and compare it to the LSx conversion.

UCF w00t 03-01-2009 05:12 PM

Your warranty isn't summarily void after making a mod or two. Only if your modifications caused the issue does it have any affect (legally). So like adding custom exhaust won't affect the warranty on other parts of the car. If you make a more serious mod (eg aftermarket cam) they may try and refuse to honor your drive train warranty.

UsedTaHaveA68 03-01-2009 05:13 PM

Long tube headers, high-flow cats, cat-back, CAI, and new bumpstick. Maybe GM's HOT cam? Maybe LG G6x1 or x2? Not sure.

Does the GM HOT cam void the warranty if installed by the dealer? If not, that's definitely what I'm doing.

1320junkie 03-01-2009 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UsedTaHaveA68 (Post 315483)
Long tube headers, high-flow cats, cat-back, CAI, and new bumpstick. Maybe GM's HOT cam? Maybe LG G6x1 or x2? Not sure.

Does the GM HOT cam void the warranty if installed by the dealer? If not, that's definitely what I'm doing.

If it doesn't I am sure that aftermarket tune will void it.

zebra 03-01-2009 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UsedTaHaveA68 (Post 315483)

if i remember right, the hot cam will still void the engine warranty because it ain't a stock part

stovt001 03-01-2009 05:16 PM

Living in the Communist Republic of California (with our gorgeous highest in the nation taxes and sexy double digit unemployment rate) it is practically illegal to modify your engine or exhaust in any way, so my powertrain warranty will probably remain intact. Most of my mods will involve the seats, weight reduction, braking, and suspension improvements.

CamaroSpike23 03-01-2009 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stovt001 (Post 315491)
Living in the Communist Republic of California (with our gorgeous highest in the nation taxes and sexy double digit unemployment rate) it is practically illegal to modify your engine or exhaust in any way, so my powertrain warranty will probably remain intact. Most of my mods will involve the seats, weight reduction, braking, and suspension improvements.

sounds like its time to move...

SS 376 03-01-2009 05:49 PM

Definitely installing a big cam. The LS3 responds very well to a more aggressive cam.

zebra 03-01-2009 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stovt001 (Post 315491)

come to tn. only nashville, knoxville, memphis & their surrounding counties even have emissions tests.

My new Camaro 03-01-2009 05:56 PM

no way i could void the warrantry on a car thats not a second or third year production

themossman 03-01-2009 06:56 PM

I will void very quickly...but I'm not sure exactly what pieces and parts I will be using.

Pedders needs to get their kits here quickly...

Hylton 03-01-2009 07:42 PM

I. will void. LS3 is so de-tuned it's begging to be messed with.