Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Corsa, Magnaflow, Dynomax or Walker Exhaust? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82462)

Mindz 05-09-2010 10:25 PM

Corsa, Magnaflow, Dynomax or Walker Exhaust?

Ok guys here's the deal. I'm looking for a muffler with the following specs. I don't really want pricing, as I'm just looking for the specs.

Muffler needs to be:

Straight through Design
3" in/3" out
Fit the Camaro without any modification to the body/frame
Be as quiet as humanly possible

I really like my sleeper set up and would like to keep it that way. I'm going to install headers and have custom exhaust piping done (mandrel bent 3") so the car will be considerably louder than normal. I want to try and counteract that as much as possible to keep my car a sleeper.

Thanks in advance...

AlSuwaidi 05-09-2010 11:51 PM

maybe a magna street version, or borla street version (im not sure exactly on the name but not the S or ATAK)

Mindz 05-10-2010 10:17 PM

66 views and no replies? :bump:

wbt 05-10-2010 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mindz (Post 1834712)
66 views and no replies? :bump:

It is a hard question to answer. What is quiet to one may be too loud for another.

IMO if I were looking for performance and low noise level I would go with:

http://www.cherrybomb.com/products/vortex

Unique design on the market that I feel would meet your requirements. :headbang:

Mindz 05-10-2010 10:52 PM

Looks like a quality product. CFM is pretty close to straight 3" piping too. I'll see if I can find some sound clips. Thanks for the suggestion.

Anyone else have any suggestions?

Scrappy Doo 05-10-2010 11:09 PM

MAgnaflow.

I got the 16579, I know it's a 2.5" system and you asked for 3", but it was ridiculous quiet. Could hardley tell the difference from stock. (I cut out the resonated x pipe and put in a true x pipe, and it's a lot louder now.)

Mindz 05-11-2010 04:55 AM

I'm looking at part# 12219 from Magnaflow. Looks pretty solid.

Any other options?

MileMAN402 05-11-2010 09:02 AM

you definitely want 3" the whole way thru? i was gonna suggest noweeds diverters right behind the cats, that way its a sleeper but if you get next to some punk in a civic you can scare the crap out of him :headbang:

alssiri 05-11-2010 02:10 PM

I dont know if this is what you want but i love the SOUND :D
I am running ARH LT with no cats 3" piping all the way + 2 chambered 3" mufflers after the x pipe as resonaters completed with the SLP PowerFlo exhaust, I will try to get a sound clip soon :)

Ahmad

Mindz 05-11-2010 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MileMAN402 (Post 1836214)
you definitely want 3" the whole way thru? i was gonna suggest noweeds diverters right behind the cats, that way its a sleeper but if you get next to some punk in a civic you can scare the crap out of him :headbang:

I would look at cutouts/diverters, but that comes later when I have more money. I have to install the headers which have 3" outlet from the cats, which means I have to get the exhaust at the same time. Also because of the headers, I'll drop in boost so I need to get a smaller pulley for the supercharger at the same time. Those two pieces + installation is about what my budget is going to be off the bat.

Quote:

Originally Posted by alssiri (Post 1837978)
I dont know if this is what you want but i love the SOUND :D
I am running ARH LT with no cats 3" piping all the way + 2 chambered 3" mufflers after the x pipe as resonaters completed with the SLP PowerFlo exhaust, I will try to get a sound clip soon :)

Ahmad

The reason I'm going for quiet is that I leave work at 2 am in San Francisco. I don't want to be pulled over for waking the dead.

Mindz 05-12-2010 04:13 PM

bump...

linkwpc 05-12-2010 04:23 PM

I got my SLP 3" system, you can see my sig for video. But it is a little loud. You can add mufflers to if you wish.

Camaro54 05-12-2010 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mindz (Post 1829245)
Ok guys here's the deal. I'm looking for a muffler with the following specs. I don't really want pricing, as I'm just looking for the specs.

Muffler needs to be:

Straight through Design
3" in/3" out
Fit the Camaro without any modification to the body/frame
Be as quiet as humanly possible

I really like my sleeper set up and would like to keep it that way. I'm going to install headers and have custom exhaust piping done (mandrel bent 3") so the car will be considerably louder than normal. I want to try and counteract that as much as possible to keep my car a sleeper.

Thanks in advance...

Here is what I have done to quiten my headers and pipes (3") as much as possible. I found with the L99 the drone is terrible inside the car. It really sucked. I have KOOK headers with 3"cats and exhaust with round Magnaflow mufflers just before the tips. To tone it down I added resonaters (one on each side after the X pipe). That helped a lot. I decided I still needed it quiter so I again added resonaters after the first ones and before the bend at rear end. All of this is straight through. The car purs while crusing ontil you put your foot in it to wake up the SC. It's just right. I'm sure you'd like the sound. I don't know if the same can be accomplished without the resonaters. You'll need a good shop who can custom build your system or modify a shelf system. Good luck. PM me if you need more info.

Mindz 05-15-2010 02:12 PM

So I've narrowed it down to four mufflers

Corsa PB (or is it BP?)
Magnaflow 50 series
Dynomax VT
Walker "Quiet Flow"

Anyone have videos of the above mufflers/catbacks on a car with longtubes?

Thanks!