Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Victim of Dealership Mistake.. (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=310083)

jrisebo 07-30-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdmaro (Post 6836758)
Yes, i figured they would balance and align them as well. I had no problems with tires, suspension, or improper tread prior to the rotation.

If it was free rotation, they might not even balance them again. They never check alignment for free with rotataion and balance.

I think your not going to get any new tires from them.

Frank in MD 07-30-2013 12:15 PM

For the record, tires are covered under the 3 year / 36K miles Bumper to Bumper warranty. True it does not cover wear and tear, rather workmanship and defects.

Having said that, your initial post is problematic as you mentioned that you had the tires rotated in February, noticed a vibration after the service, but chose to do nothing about it.

If you noticed a vibration then you had a duty to mitigate your damages. You can't get let a problem fester and expect the dealer to pay when the problem comes to a head. You have an obligation to maintain the vehicle, which means bringing it back and resolving whatever issue caused the vibration. What you can not do is drive the car for 5 months, then ask for new tires as a result of something you noticed but took no action to correct.

Based upon the way you described this, you're out of gas, sorry. Chalk it up to a leson learned, buy new tires and move on.

Jay_LHD3 07-30-2013 12:21 PM

I'm confused too!

You noticed an issue five months ago and now after getting a flat tire you're going let the dealership know about it?

:iono:

PalmerGA 07-30-2013 12:40 PM

Judging by the photos... looks like OP doesn't pay much attention to detail regarding his vehicle in general. I regularly look at my tires for signs of irregular wear and, if I see/feel a problem I address the issue right away. It's my responsibility as a driver and vehicle owner.

Suck it up. Get some new tires. Get your alignment, camber, toe-in, etc. checked by a good tire shop, and pay attention to your vehicle's condition. Tire, especially, can cause serious safety issues.

RJT Impala 07-30-2013 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Comrando (Post 6837213)
Who installed the lowering springs?

If they didn't realign the wheels then the camber will be wrong and wear the inside.

Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

IMHO Comrando gets the A+! Lowering typically results in a positive camber that must be corrected with an alignment. Left uncorrected, the inside edge will wear excessively.

Overflow 07-30-2013 03:28 PM

If it was both sides, then it would be caused by underinflation. But it looks like it's only one side, which means that it is caused by poor alignment.

OP, since you after overdue, and did not alert your dealership at the start of the vibrations, then I believe the ball's in your court.

arod55 07-30-2013 03:31 PM

My question to you is how many miles did you have on the tires before the rotation?.

All Star 07-30-2013 03:49 PM

You had your car lowered? It sounds like TC doesn't know what he is doing and is blaming the dealer unfairly.

Scalded Dog 07-30-2013 06:48 PM

Damn lucky a flat tire caused this to be discovered before a highway blowout happened. That tire looks like it's about 25 more feet of travel before BLAMMO! Chalk it up to good luck, get new tires, have the alignment work done, and from now on, at least glance at the tires every few weeks or so.

midnighter 07-30-2013 07:04 PM

That tire looks older than hell.

BluePhoenix 07-30-2013 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by midnighter (Post 6839880)
That tire looks older than hell.

Agreed!

OrangeVert 07-30-2013 08:03 PM

Had the same type of thing happen on a Taurus once. It was the alignment, nothing to do with tire rotation. Bought new tires and an alignment.

67motorcat 07-30-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PalmerGA (Post 6838445)
Judging by the photos... looks like OP doesn't pay much attention to detail regarding his vehicle in general. I regularly look at my tires for signs of irregular wear and, if I see/feel a problem I address the issue right away. It's my responsibility as a driver and vehicle owner.

Suck it up. Get some new tires. Get your alignment, camber, toe-in, etc. checked by a good tire shop, and pay attention to your vehicle's condition. Tire, especially, can cause serious safety issues.

Agree totally...with tire wear that bad it would be easy to spot 10 feet away long before tires were rotated,unless one is totally oblivious.

That kind of wear took many thousands of miles to occur and if not the car probably wouldn't have steered straight at all.

jravenfan 07-30-2013 09:45 PM

Hard to believe it was only a little vibration and no pull.