Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Victim of Dealership Mistake.. (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=310083)

DJ_BigC 07-31-2013 07:04 AM

Not a tire rotation or balancing issue what so ever.

That being said, that tire was pooched the day they did your rotation. I would start by putting some fresh rubber on the car, all around, then I would get a full 4 wheel alignment and go from there.

Now if you think I'm full of shit and just taking the dealers side, I'm not, they should have told you your tire/tires were finished, and if u post up your pre alignment specs, ill tell you exactly what's wrong, why this happen and what needs to be adjusted to achieve a good alignment. And if this happen to one tire, maybe the one tire was faulty but I highly doubt it by the picture that was displayed in your post.

And to everyone who thinks tires are covered under bumper to bumper, they are not.... they are only covered if u purchase the tire road hazard extended warranty (might not be exactly what it's called) when you purchase the vehicle new I believe (In Canada, not sure about US). Other then that sorry your out of luck. If u get tires covered at your dealer without tire protection warranty, keep going there they have a great service manager lol.

Matze 07-31-2013 07:19 AM

You had them rotated recently? And they didn't mentoin or even notice that your tires look like this?

flyinlow 07-31-2013 07:59 AM

Had a similar thing happen with a new Nissan once. They crank the car down so hard on the transport truck it screws up the camber. Didn't notice and wore out the inside of the front tires in less than 10k miles. Nothing they would do, had to buy new tires.

Always inspect your tires for wear, especially after making suspension mods.

jewel25 07-31-2013 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdmaro (Post 6836570)
I recently went to rotate my tires on my LS late in February. Initially, I would feel the car shake at highways speeds really bad and I figured it was the balancing not done or incorrect or maybe the tread was worn uneven. Well today I received a flat tire and to my surprise the tread was completely worn on one side! :mad0260::mad0260: I'm thinking the dealership did not balance or align the tires correctly resulting in me having crappy worn tires. Are they going to replace the tires even at 3 months past due. I had absolutely no issues before the rotation and have been going to this dealership since I bought it here at Ron Baker in San Diego. Below are some pictures of the damage, what do I do?

Why did you wait so long? If I felt the shaking back in Feb I would have taken the car back in to get check. I don't think the dealership is going to help you on this one. Even if it was there fault they are going to say "why did it take you 6 months to alert us of the issues."

H8S FORD 07-31-2013 08:53 AM

:idiot:

camarocasanova 07-31-2013 09:09 AM

Like others have said, I would have my alignment checked and get fresh rubber. Most dealers are not cooperative about "wear" items and probably won't do much for you even if you bought it there.

TooCool5 07-31-2013 09:20 AM

I have 24,000 on the same tires and they look like new.
Tow or camber is way out.

Glen e 07-31-2013 09:22 AM

I'm sure the "victim" is long gone from this thread by now.....

sdmaro 07-31-2013 06:11 PM

I was told by the dealership that the suspension is never to be touched and that any tampering or modification will result in uneven wear. The initial shop I went to did not time the bushing or check the cambers (-2 degrees), they simply installed it. Now they want me to pay for a camber kit, tires, and I get free labor. Psh, it was a scam, lesson learned. I will be purchasing new wheels and tires and going up to MVP motorsports in Murrieta to get the camber checked out and something else with the struts.

BriteCrawler 07-31-2013 06:30 PM

Tire rotation (position on the car), balance (distribution of mass), and alignment (which way do they point) have essentially nothing to do with each other, even though they're typically said in the same sentence.

If the last time they touched it was 5 months ago (you said February), tire wear like that can occur in that little of time fairly easily with a big camber issue.

Nothing about this was a "scam". You just didn't know, now you do.

Some light reading: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90270

bologdl 08-01-2013 11:45 AM

First thing I never seen a tirer look like that driving on pavement. It appears that this car has seen alot of dirt road driving and that could explain the alignment issue.

sdmaro 08-01-2013 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bologdl (Post 6846185)
First thing I never seen a tirer look like that driving on pavement. It appears that this car has seen alot of dirt road driving and that could explain the alignment issue.

this is the inside on the wheel, not outside.

tom231 08-02-2013 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyinlow (Post 6841613)
Had a similar thing happen with a new Nissan once. They crank the car down so hard on the transport truck it screws up the camber. Didn't notice and wore out the inside of the front tires in less than 10k miles. Nothing they would do, had to buy new tires.

Always inspect your tires for wear, especially after making suspension mods.

I thought they tied them down by the wheels on the car haulers now, instead of cranking them down and throwing the suspension out of whack?

http://lerablog.org/wp-content/uploa...car-hauler.jpg

tom231 08-02-2013 12:23 AM

I hope they didn't haul our Camaro's like this. :noidea:

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/h...ac_railcar.jpg