Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   4th Generation Camaros (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Underglow (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9593)

MustangKillr 11-12-2008 11:47 PM

Underglow

Yes, yes, I know. Not very popular among the 4th gen scene, but I personally think green underglow under my black Z28 would look quite badass. But, maybe it's just me. Anyway, I want to get some input from you guys, what do you guys think about it? And if I were to do it, what brand should I buy? I want high quality stuff.

Milk 1027 11-12-2008 11:54 PM

underglow=rice

TheClassicCarKid 11-13-2008 12:00 AM

Might want to post on some import forums?
Just lie and say you have a civic that needs some lighting, they'll know suppliers for sure.

TFord 11-13-2008 04:03 AM

stay away from those neons bro!

Scott@Bjorn3D 11-13-2008 05:22 AM

I am not a fan of that stuff.

Sierra 11-13-2008 10:59 AM

arent they illegal in most states?

zebra 11-13-2008 11:04 AM

welcome to the site, & when we get our cars (if i'm still in the 'boro) we should cruise together sometime. as for the underglow: sorry if it hurts, but my sig says it all.

ps - sorry to bust your bubble, but as of now there's no z28

EDIT: sorry... your current z28. gotcha. my answer's still the same

headpunter 11-13-2008 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sierra (Post 189704)
arent they illegal in most states?

you can't drive around with them but you can use them when parked.

as far as the the neons go, i think by now the look is cliche and that is why i wouldnt do it. They guys that started the whole neon thing have moved on. its more about performance orientated looks.

The_Blur 11-13-2008 11:14 AM

This will only work if you do it tastefully. Get a piece of equipment to sync your underglow with your music. Make sure the tubes aren't visible. Also, don't have them on all the time. Only put underglow on a car that can crush the competition.

yotaman96 11-13-2008 11:21 AM

NO, don't do it.

MustangKillr 11-13-2008 01:17 PM

Wow, I seem to be getting a bunch of one sided opinions. At least try to be a bit open minded people. I realize that it's a ricey thing to do, but then again anything can be seen as ricey. Adding ground effects can be seen, by some, to be a rice thing to do. I personally think green under black would look badass. It's not illegal in Tennesse. The only way you can get in trouble is if it's red or blue and flashing, then it's seen as impersonating an officer. To the guy in the Boro, what's up dude, yeah, when racing season starts back up at the Motorplex in Nashville you should come and race with me. Yes my car crushes just about anything in my area, not to sound conceited, except for bikes. And if it doesn't now it definitely will when I add a FIPK to it in a month or two.

The_Blur 11-13-2008 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MustangKillr (Post 189908)
Wow, I seem to be getting a bunch of one sided opinions. At least try to be a bit open minded people. I realize that it's a ricey thing to do, but then again anything can be seen as ricey. Adding ground effects can be seen, by some, to be a rice thing to do. I personally think green under black would look badass. It's not illegal in Tennesse. The only way you can get in trouble is if it's red or blue and flashing, then it's seen as impersonating an officer. To the guy in the Boro, what's up dude, yeah, when racing season starts back up at the Motorplex in Nashville you should come and race with me. Yes my car crushes just about anything in my area, not to sound conceited, except for bikes. And if it doesn't now it definitely will when I add a FIPK to it in a month or two.

It's really up to you when it comes to mods. Do you like it? If so, get it. I just advise you to do it respectably. I say the same thing about paint, body kits, or vinyls. I'm sure you want the best quality and to earn some respect for being both fast and stylish. I think a subtle green underglow kit could look amazing on a black Z28. Just do it right by keeping the tubes concealed.

:needpics:

MustangKillr 11-13-2008 01:54 PM

Of course it'll be a dark green and really light, not like bright as hell. It'll look really nice I think, of course I'll keep the tubes concealed lol. I just need to find a high quality dealer for underglow and I'll be in business, anyone care to help haha? Do you want to see a picture of my Z28 to make a more educated decision? Just tell me how I can post a photo and you'll have it.

BigEnos 11-13-2008 01:58 PM

Isn't this like putting a continental kit and a landau roof on a new CTS?

Seriously, dude, please, it's hard to be a Camaro owner as it is.

;)