Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   2013 foglights? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=241092)

Kdogg 08-01-2012 10:16 AM

2013 foglights?

Hi all,every photo I see of the 13 RS the fog lights seem to be the same color as the headlights. We all know the RS pkg has Hid headlights ,but do they have Hid fogs also? If not my 1st order of business will be to change them out for Hid bulbs. Can't stand the yellowish look anymore .

The Stig 08-01-2012 10:23 AM

The RS package does not have fog lights, it has DRLs. And no, they are not HID.

Wabbit 08-01-2012 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stieger (Post 5377081)
The RS package does not have fog lights, it has DRLs. And no, they are not HID.

Huh? I don't see anywhere where the RS package deletes the fog lights.

The LS does not have fog lights, but you can't get the RS package on them anyway.

dwinva 08-01-2012 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wabbit (Post 5377143)

If you can find fog lights on a Camaro RS I'd like you to show them to me. My 2013 has DRL's. That's all I've ever seen on the RS package.

:iono:

nyrfan 08-01-2012 10:39 AM

Quote:

The LS does not have fog lights, but you can't get the RS package on them anyway.

The lights are there but they are not fog lights, they are active DRL's

So no, the RS does not have Fog lights.

Wabbit 08-01-2012 10:39 AM

I wonder if they double as DRL and fog lamps. Usually DRL are the headlights on a low setting.

nyrfan 08-01-2012 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wabbit (Post 5377165)
I wonder if they double as DRL and fog lamps. Usually DRL are the headlights on a low setting.

Yes, you can mod them to act like fog lights, you need a simple harness. But as you have it now, they will NOT be on when your headlights are on.

Wabbit 08-01-2012 10:43 AM

Do the HID lamps make enough of a difference that you don't need the fog lamps?

Kdogg 08-01-2012 10:44 AM

Quote:

Thank you, I was thinking the same thing? Lol

nyrfan 08-01-2012 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kdogg (Post 5377189)

And you were thinking wrong:sm0:

nyrfan 08-01-2012 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wabbit (Post 5377184)
Do the HID lamps make enough of a difference that you don't need the fog lamps?

Depends on what you like, for me the HID's are way more then I need, in fact when I put my DRL's on (I have the harness), I cannot even tell they are on.

ihaveacamaro 08-01-2012 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kdogg (Post 5377189)

You have lights, they are the same as fog lights on a non-RS model, but there is a difference in WHEN and HOW they are turned on.

Note: DRLs = Daytime Running Lights; basically the lights that are just always on during the day.

So for a

Non-RS: Headlights are the DRLs, driver can push a button to turn on fogs at any time

RS: Fogs act as DRLs. At night, when the computer turns on the headlights, your fogs will turn off and no longer be able to be turned on no matter what.

As nyrfan said above, a simple harness can change that and allow you turn on your fogs whenever you want if you are in a RS model

Kdogg 08-01-2012 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyrfan (Post 5377193)
And you were thinking wrong:sm0:

Ok i'am confused now? So dlr's are daytime driving lights,why are they located in the area where fog lights go? If I change the bulb to a Hid bulb,then I just have daytime runnin lights with a cool blue glow. I thought the halo's acted as daytime running lights?

nyrfan 08-01-2012 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kdogg (Post 5377243)
Ok i'am confused now? So dlr's are daytime driving lights,why are they located in the area where fog lights go? If I change the bulb to a Hid bulb,then I just have daytime runnin lights with a cool blue glow. I thought the halo's acted as daytime running lights?

See the post above by ihaveacamaro, it's very detailed.

The RS has DRL's, these are in the place where traditional fog lights would be and cannot be controlled without adding a 3rd party harness.

Halo's are not DRL's.