Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   ATTN Scosche Users (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=246752)

Rizzo 08-28-2012 09:39 AM

ATTN Scosche Users

Hi all,

I am troubleshooting an issue that seems to be related to a Scosche kit install on my 2012 ZL1. I had posted an earlier thread related to an "electrical gremlin" and was able to narrow it down to the Scosche kit install.

I have had three other members PM me with similar issues, so I want to see if there are others seeing issues with their Scosche kit.
=================================================
Here are my issues:

Issue #1:
Both of the key FOB would only work when I was within 8 feet or so of the car. Page 2-3 says it should be 65 feet. I changed the battery on both FOBs and the issue persisted. The FOBs were also replaced. Here is a video showing the issue

Issue #2:
I programmed my Universal Remote System to work with my garage door. This is also a feature I had on my 2010 Camaro SS. The signal of the URS is limited to approx. 8 feet from the antenna of the garage door.

Issue #3:
I intermittently receive an alert for the tire pressure monitoring system. Both rear tires sometimes lose signal with the vehicle. The reading was displayed as “—“

Issue #4:
Sometimes when opening the trunk with the FOB, the locking mechanism engaged twice. (Unlock then lock). This prevents the trunk from latching closed. I have to hit the FOB again to unlock the latch before it would close.

Issue #5:
The "auto door unlock" settings always default back to "driver door" once the menu is exited.
=================================================

When the Scosche kit is disconnected from the car, issue#1 immediately goes away. Issues 2,3,and 4 have not reoccured after two weeks of waiting.

As best as I can tell:
It appears that the Scosche kit is sending some sort of signal down the communication bus that is interfering with the "Remote Door Lock Controller Module" (RDLCM) via the Body Control Module (BCM).

Are any other Scosche users having weird electronic-like issues?

Wuiquen 08-28-2012 12:27 PM

This is exactly why I am still skeptical about changing my radio... I have the stock one and the sound of it. but man, most people seems to be having issues with all the kits.. either the kits mess with the car systems or the kits arent really reliable.. All I want is to keep my back up sensors but have aftermarket stereo and speakers..

darkrider01 08-28-2012 01:04 PM

I have Issue #1 and Issue #3. Issue #1 doesn't really bother me so much, but #3 happens almost every time I drive it now, though only on the rear passenger side wheel.

Issue #3 only showed up after I unmounted the kit to experiment with/troubleshoot the OnStar stuff for some other folks here. I believe that the issue is with the antenna/s in the dash cavity. If they are tucked in the wrong way, you'll have issues. I will be removing it again this weekend to see if I can fix #3 by retucking the antenna. The antenna I am referring to is to the right of the radio.

Pace 08-28-2012 01:10 PM

I am having issue 1. Never thought it could be the Scosche KIT. Hmmmmm. Its a pita as sometimes I want to remote start.

Supermaro585HP 08-28-2012 01:14 PM

I have no issues at all. I didn't install mine but I'm very happy with everything... Good luck.

Amarr014 08-28-2012 01:40 PM

i have issue 1.. pisses me off all the time

tjbtexas 08-28-2012 01:46 PM

I have issue #1. Drives me crazy when it happens. sometimes I have to be standing by one of the doors to get the trunk open :mad0259:

camarograna2 08-28-2012 02:16 PM

1,2, & 3 for me

Rizzo 08-28-2012 03:30 PM

Thanks for the feedback fellas. I will be pushing these issues from my end and report back as progress is made.

Please let me know if anybody else is seeing issues so I can get tracking info.

Rcfiddy1 08-28-2012 07:54 PM

I have issue 1 also. Thought it was battery but when changed out seems to be the same.

Horriblecreation 08-28-2012 08:01 PM

holy shit.... I definitely have issues 1 and 3, I never even thought of the scosche kit being the culprit.... They definitely started soon after. Man that key fob distance thing kills me! What is the point of a remote start if I start it from arm's length now?!?

puzzzeler 08-28-2012 09:17 PM

Hmmm i have issue #1 thought it was my tinted windows but now not so sure

Rizzo 08-29-2012 08:02 AM

Good updates. Please keep them coming.

I have forwarded your feedback to my installer so they can send it up to the Scosche engineers.

Horriblecreation 08-29-2012 08:08 AM

Not sure if this is universal, but mine has a tendency to never shut off the warning dings after I start the car. Its the same sound as the seatbelt warning, but it will not shut off. Figured out that if I flash my hazard lights, it stops the chime, but it will run for as long as the car is on unless you do that. This is probably half the time I start my car.