View Single Post
Old 04-27-2015, 11:21 PM   #25
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoCamaro20 View Post
I don't agree. They are suppose to inspect the vehicle. That's why people go to dealerships vs another spot
Ask what their "multi-point inspection" covers...

If you read the maintenance schedule in the back of the manual, the diff fluid doesn't "need" to be changed but for every 45,000 miles. Unless the vehicle sees severe use, then it's listed at 15,000 miles.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not defending the dealer. I've had my own share of "special" situations where the tech and advisor were lucky I didn't give them treadbrows. Chevy dealers should be informed and familiar with ALL the vehicles they are selling and servicing, especially the beloved sports cars. And the sad truth is - unless they have a performance shop attached to them, or are actively engaged in selling Chevy performance parts..they aren't familiar with these cars.

But you've got to remember these are businesses that mostly see Malibus and Cruzes, etc...that NEVER need their axle or transmission fluids replaced. This situation doesn't surprise me one bit.

...My dealer tried to rotate my 1LE wheels/tires...guess how that went over with me...