View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 11:57 AM   #25
darkrider01
Aural Assault Vehicle

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS, 2015 Sierra Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyjman View Post
even with a 12v constant? that's wierd...
It all goes back to how the stock amp operates. When the head unit terminates its output, it actually sends a mute signal to the amp. Now this is pure speculation as I have not opened up the stock amp, but I believe that the stock amp internally disconnects the ouputs on signal from the mute. The remote wire continues to stay powered on for several minutes after the key is removed, etc.

So my idea was to use the mute signal to break the remote connection by using a NC relay. The mute signal is around 6V, so I picked up a micro relay from "The Shack" to perform this function. Unfortunately, the mute output only provides 1.9mA of the needed 56ma required to operate the relay.
Power Mods * K&N Typhoon CAI, Flowmaster American Thunder cat-back exhaust, Hurst Short Throw Shifter Exterior Mods * Black Phantom Grille * 22" T.I.S. 537MS wheels w/ Nitto INVO rubber * OEM body kit Suspension Mods * BC Racing Coilovers * Lakewood Strut Tower Brace Audio Mods * Stinger SPP 2250 Battery * Mosconi 6to8v8 w/ RCD * Pioneer AVH-X7500BT * Scosche Dash Kit * 2 - Mosconi AS200.4 * 2 - JL Audio 13W6v2 * Focal 165KRX2 Power (active) * Mosconi Gladen One 240.2 * Rockford Fosgate Power T1692
darkrider01 is offline   Reply With Quote