View Single Post
Old 06-18-2012, 12:54 AM   #7
darkrider01
Aural Assault Vehicle

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS, 2015 Sierra Denali
I have a T400-4 running T2 components up front and T1 6x9's in the rear. I think they are awesome. I also have a T1000-1bdCP connected to a T1D215 running at 1 ohm (1586W? per birth sheet). The sub is insane. I'm sooo glad I have that Punch PEQ knob up front.

The T400-4 is a great amp. I originally started out with an Alpine MRV-F357 (5 channel V12 series amp) running my factory components and 6x9's, but it sounded empty. You'd think that the factory Boston speakers would be the culprit, but once my T400-4 came in, I hooked it up to the same speakers using the same source, and it sounded warmer. I was honestly very surprised. Now it may be attributed to the Alpine being a "cleaner" amplifier and my T400-4 is "coloring" the audio in some way. If that is in fact the case, they "colored" it perfectly for me.

If you go with Fosgate though, be prepared for the haters. I feel like anytime I say anything about RF, people come out of the woodwork to say that it sucks - buy JL, or Audison, or Sundown, or whatever. I have nothing against any of them, but I like the sound that comes from my RF Power Series. The Power Series is clean, and crazy under rated.

I know that Ozzy sounds crazy awesome in my car, and when I want, that single 15 I have in the back will hit so hard that it's hard to swallow and feels like your heart is out of sync - and that is with a sealed box, with the back seat up.

I'm not done yet though - I have a Pioneer AVH-P8400BH, Scosche kit, and a JBL MS-8 on the way. I'll have a complete build on these forums sometime, but it takes a lot of time when you're doing it all yourself (maybe I'll start an ongoing build thread).

Anyway, as far as the SoundStream Reference amps, my understanding is that SoundStream is making some good stuff again. I was contemplating very hard doing my car all SoundStream before I decided to go straight RF. Those Reference amps are SUPER clean. The only downside to those 2 amps would be their size - they look huge (9.9" x 20.5" and 9.9" x 18"). My T400-4 and T1000-1bdCp are the exact same size - 8.2" x 13.7" (about the size of a 200 page notebook).

At any rate, it looks like you are on the right track with any of those brands. JL is great, RF is great (to amy anyway), and SoundStream I hear is doing great amps again.

Good luck!

P.S. Dynamat. You're going to need a lot of it.
Power Mods * K&N Typhoon CAI, Flowmaster American Thunder cat-back exhaust, Hurst Short Throw Shifter Exterior Mods * Black Phantom Grille * 22" T.I.S. 537MS wheels w/ Nitto INVO rubber * OEM body kit Suspension Mods * BC Racing Coilovers * Lakewood Strut Tower Brace Audio Mods * Stinger SPP 2250 Battery * Mosconi 6to8v8 w/ RCD * Pioneer AVH-X7500BT * Scosche Dash Kit * 2 - Mosconi AS200.4 * 2 - JL Audio 13W6v2 * Focal 165KRX2 Power (active) * Mosconi Gladen One 240.2 * Rockford Fosgate Power T1692
darkrider01 is offline   Reply With Quote