Old 04-07-2010, 12:47 PM   #3
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by rez333 View Post
http://www.autoblog.com/2010/02/08/2...e-loses-120-p/

Just read the thread arguing about releasing the Z/28 early 2011 instead of late 2011 and I agree. Notwithstanding feasibility concerns, the argument that a late release is better for sales is BS.

Check out link above: 2011 Shelby GT500 will be on sale in Spring for delivery in Summer. What, do you think Ford is stupid? There's a reason why they're making a profit (despite Mustangs being outsold by Camaros), and GM is not. Obviously Ford knows how to release a car properly.

Who told you GM was not profiting? You are sadly misinformed......

Ford released this car half at a time...the style in '10, and the powertrain in '11. I'm sure there's more than a few Mustang enthusiasts who feel shafted because of this. Not to mention, GM managed to design, engineer a build a car from scratch in just a hair over two years. One of the fastest turnarounds they've ever achieved...why is Ford's release strategy so superior?

Let them take their time to build it absolutely right...I have a feeling it will be multiple times worth the wait. Plus, it's a non-essential "extra" car. Low sales volume means it's not as important as say...an SS, or LT.