View Single Post
Old 07-14-2010, 09:16 AM   #23
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by PnCRedJwl2SS View Post
SlingShot is not exactly right...I believe he has the TC/Stabilitrak backwards...I think Competitive Mode in the L99 (A6) turns Traction Control (TC) completely off and reduces your Stabilitrak.

Here's why I think that...if you look at the icon that remains lit in the DIC after selecting Competitive Mode, it is the same icon that is lit when you do a single push of the button to turn off TC.

The only difference is the display of the words, "Stabilitrak Competitive Mode." Someone please correct me if I'm wrong...

Does this makes sense from a "performance" standpoint? Two weeks ago, I ran my car in Competitive Mode at the track on every run (12 runs, in total) except one...on that run, I forgot and left the car in "D" and did not double-tap into Competitive Mode. So basically, I was in "D" with all the nannies turned on, and I had my fastest run of the night (a 13.55 sec @ 103.83).

I'm racing it again tomorrow night...if I learn anything new, I'll post here...
There are actually 4 settings:

1. Turn the car on and don't touch the button (TCS and StabiliTrak both on).

2. 1 tap of the button turns off TCS (meaning you can spin the tires), but StabiliTrak is still engaged (you won't go too far sideways).

3. 2 taps of the button puts the car into Competitive Driving Mode (StabiliTrak off and reduced TCS performance).

4. Hold the button for 7 seconds. Turns everything completely off. I believe this is described in another thread as "Mayhem Mode".

There is another thread that discusses this a bit.

If you are talking about performance on a track versus a dyno, then messing with these settings could most definitely affect your run times. These various modes will all change the way the car hooks up and launches.

Last edited by Inspector 17; 07-14-2010 at 03:11 PM. Reason: Corrected #3
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote