View Single Post
Old 08-24-2009, 01:21 PM   #78
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMRULZ View Post
Guys, I showed ya`ll this in another thread, and commented in another. Mine picked up 8rwhp on the dyno w/ pulling those 2 fuses for 5 minutes. Of course it wasn`t really low at 319rwhp, just baseline average. The only bad thing is I don`t think the increase will be permanent once the LTFT`s have time to record. I can`t go back to the dyno to verify this as I have headers on so no way to know if its pulling power again or not as numbers will be higher.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36837

Stock L99 Dynograph w/ some interesting info

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just dynoed mine to get a baseline (600 miles) and it put down 319rwhp twice then we pulled the pcm fuses for it to forget the LTFT (Long Term Fuel Trims), engine had more heatsoak than the first two pulls and it put down 327rwhp...Let me tell you picking up 8rwhp by doing that, this computer has a serious nanny program. The trans tune alone is going to be awesome. It really woke up my A6 Vette. I put ARH headers on it the day after and as soon as the Vararam is ready that will go on and I will get it tuned. So have faith o L99 bretheren...The curious thing I`ve noted is how there is a slight sip in the graph after 5250rpm`s then it picks back up, I`m assuming this may be when the VVT kicks out and is no longer making that extra midrange power. Any tuners can explain that? I`ve seen it on other L99 graphs, but not on the LS3 graphs...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Scott... how did you come to the idea of pulling fuses? Was this just a random discovery or did the GM guys key you into something?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@Bjorn3D View Post
Someone post in a in a thread to pull those fuses. Randy and I just never did it. Randy did it and now you can even hear his car spinning those 21" wheels in heat which he could not do before.

And you do not want to even ask what #230 is doing to day with the over night fuse pull.
GMRULZ is where Scott saw it in the thread that he references here.

Thanks GMRULZ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by live2well View Post
LOL you have a smart one there. She knows when to fold them and knows when to hold them. So I guess it still stands that "YOU LOST TO A GIIIIRL"!!!!!

Man I soooo happy your you got your car right. Now I dont have to feel bad about your getting beat by a girl. OOOOppps did I say it again.

Sorry pq I had to do it. Glad your running strong now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
Glad you stuck with it bro! Congrats!!! And congrats to all you Camaro5 members who worked together to find a cure for this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffmobile View Post
So for us mechanically challenged, where are these fuses that I can pull? I don't want to jack up my car but I want to see if this helps.
Open up the fuse box. Engine compartment to the front left as your looking at the motor. You'll see the fuses are all numbered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
Thanks for sharing. Congrats' for this working on your car too. That's a great feeling for finally have some resolution and feeling like the car is driving like it's supposed to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
Ok...someone should make a new sticky thread with all the "Do this at your own risk" planted all over it. Then have a step by step with pics on which one and where to pull the fuses. Maybe have video of the before and after if possible. On the step by step you have to be basic and don't assume the end user knows anything about anything car related.

Just my .02 cents.....
See my next post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
good joke..... ummmm.... good joke...... meh. congrats buddy. barking the 21s!!!
....in front of the passenger strut tower in the engine bay, there is the fuse box, pull the cover and you'll see the fuses. check pages 9-42 thru 9-44 for the location of the two fuses to pull

Oh, and the pics of the car with 'decoration', are coming.