View Single Post
Old 06-06-2011, 10:05 PM   #220
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Having driven the MR suspension on ZETA in a HSV I feel I have sampled it. It is very good and as I have written numerous times, probably makes most drivers better and faster. It is an excellent suspension. Those that buy a ZL1 will like what they get.

The Mustang with a three arm solid axle will always be a bit touchier as you described. I have not driven a Camaro with MRC or with the new RLCA and sway bar so what I write next is inferred. The Camaro whispers in your ear what the IRS is doing. The Mustang sort of yells watch out and almost too late. The ZL1 will be very sophisticated.

The Z28, in my mind's eye, is a a bit edgier, but not a club racer with a cage and no interior. An SS with the current suspension, the Z28 with use controlled damping and the ZL1 with MRC makes sense to me in terms of range and markets. NA vs SC.

If the Z28 just sucks unit sales away from the SS and ZL1 it would be a bad idea. If it adds unit volumes with conquest sales from other brands they should build it tomorrow.
I'm just referring to the 2012 suspension update in the SS models. Short of custom damping adjustment like your coilovers or the Boss Mustang to a much lesser extent...It should be very nice.

You seem to be talking about the ZL1 suspension/MR...or am I reading your post wrong?